View RSS Feed

Adventure/Dual Purpose Bikes

Riding any road. Tarmac, gravel or dirt.

1. Cape Reinga to Bluff in 2010... almost

Slowest NZ traverse ever [2]

Next day's destination Devonport, Auckland. We sought out some back roads again, riding via Kawhia with its amazing paua patties, Raglan and Pukekohe, resisting the dreaded AK motorway until Drury, where predictably all forward movement stopped... seriously, how do you Orklind ppl handle this? On second thoughts it's fine, you have nothing to worry about (Thinks: If I dis it too much they'll all want to come south and fill up our wide open spaces...). ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0626.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	226830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0646.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	226831   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0654.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	226832   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0671.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	179.4 KB 
ID:	226833   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0701.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	226834   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0743.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	226835  
  2. Army Training Area Ride

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ure-Ride/page8

Words can't really describe it...the pictures and videos kind of can...but you really had to be there. Awesome weekend with good company. Pushing bikes and people to the limit...well in a low key, adventure bike kinda way. But fair to say it tested some of us, myself included, both in riding skills, stamina and decision making. Videos to follow.

3. Africa Twin in the snow

So here's the video from my last post... Sorry about the shaky camera work - first time out with a helmet cam! Feedback is welcomed!

Cheers, Buggs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNgip5JXKpA
  4. Home Sweet Home

Well, it sure is good to be back. I got a final bit of work out of the way on the bike (with the help of my two boys who were just as keen to start it up as I was...

Bit of an anti climax though as the battery was pretty tuckered before I parked it up for two months, so was totally tuckered when I went to start it...boys thought it was pretty to jump start off the Surf though.

So here's a couple of pics from my ride up Altimarlock (Awatere Valley, Marlborough) two hour ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00063.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	211496   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00067.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	223.6 KB 
ID:	211497   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00068.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	211501   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00065.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	211502   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00070.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	202.3 KB 
ID:	211503  
  5. My First Adventure Ride

First Adventure Ride.

Sunday 16th May.

The date of my first off seal ride. Thanks to gpcustom (kiwibiker), I had a shiny new bash plate to go with my way too clean DR650.

I must say I was a little nervous. I was due to meet a few guys from Auckland and hopefully one from Hamilton. It turned out there was three from Auckland, 2 from Tauranga way and two from Hamilton (including myself).

I was due to meet everyone at Te Uku at about 11am. ...
  6. Hyperspace,what bike for adventure trails, tracks, gravel and tarmac

Quote Originally Posted by navek View Post
    Hi All knowledgable bike types
    Having recently upskilled to novice in trail riding skills in last 11 months from ziltch to able to get there, finally got bike suited to my personailty/skills KTM 400, (great bike)for weekend trails but now wish for more 'Adventure' type bike for comfort over longer and longer km's on road and gravel but still capable in trails. Most importantly short legs make this challenging. My list BMW 650 GS great seat height lovely on road, bad small front wheel low
  7. Leaving Wellington/Ute trip

Winter in Wanaka.
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/al...ictureid=35709
    As I have mentioned, I was given an opportunity to speak in Wanaka at a week long veterinary educational conference which meant a nearly all expense paid week in Wanaka including skiing.
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/al...ictureid=35713

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/al...ictureid=35761

I gave 7.5 hours of lecture ...
  8. ARROGANT MOTOR X RIDERS! "COWBOYS"

I have a bone to pick with a certain group of Motor X riders. I was at Woodend beach motor camp on Saturday visiting my parents where we had a birthday party for my wee 1 year old girl. The other kids were running about having fun and such.... as kids do! Next thing we hear a massive loud noise coming from off road bikes coming down the track that runs along the camp.......Shit here they are again! these bikers were traveling at huge speeds, probably about 5 of them. They rip up the track and have ...
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast