Thread: Cause and effect of ACC tax (Levy)

Bike
    2010 Trumpy Bonney SE

Smile Cause and effect of ACC tax (Levy)

My first ever post, so be gentle - I'd rather be out riding than on computa...

Firstly in regards to the bigger picture if this tax went through it would have a several effects:

Riders would sell their bikes flooding the market so no new sales

Riders would not register their bikes so loss of registration meaning increase in registration to cover the loss of the bike registrations

Riders would only register for a couple of months (summer)

Your more likely to make a claim if its costing you $750 a year, so claims up

Motorcycle and scooter sales would slump meaning loss of businesses and jobs in these sectors

Unless bike is insured loss of dedicated motorcycle insurance companies

More traffic on the roads

Less parks/parking

On another subject, haven't publicly heard from the motorcycle manufacturers who could be the biggest losers in all of this if this goes through.

Yay! First post done

Rachel

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by healer View Post

Yay! First post done

Rachel
    Welcome to KB. Not a bad first effort either
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    2004 VTR1000 & KXF250 trailer trash
    Yep - hi there... Now you just have to undoubtedly sit back and read through all the replies taking the piss out of your spelling (no I didn't bother looking for any errors (but some will)) or needlessly arguing with some of your good points just to get to the good ones.
    Learn basic maintenance as motorcycle boots are not comfortable for walking in

Bike
    FZR 400
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingflash View Post
    read through all the replies taking the piss out of your spelling
    nah! by hitchs own addmision he's behaving himself at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Some Kiwibiker threads contain such a wealth of fuckwittery that they should in some way be permanently removed from the digital domain, carved onto stone tablets and then launched into space to scare the living shit out of any hostile alien species that may be lurking nearby

Bike
    SV1000s
    Blog Entries
    I agree, I think there is a very real possibility of bikes remaining unregisterd for 6 - 9 months of the years and an assoicated increase in the number of claims from over-enthusistic and "rusty" riders hitting the roads for their summer time "fix".

Less money and maybe even more claims!
    "There must be a one-to-one correspondence between left and right parentheses, with each left parenthesis to the left of its corresponding right parenthesis."

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    The difference between levies collected and claims made would be interesting. I'd say it would remain at a similar % OR go up slightly because of rusty riders (thanks CW)
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    750 auw
    Maybe bikers will ride even more to try to justify the extra cost, thereby proportionally increasing the accident rate.

My head hurts, time for beer.

Thread Information