Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Auckland ACC Christmas Cards Event

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    I'll ride all bloody day for this.
    Mom if theres a Viaduct thing on, Count me in there too, early as you like I'll be there.
    The First part of this whole day sounds like it'll be the viaduct so we need as many bikes down there as we can get.
    I can tell about 20 other people when and where and I can keep telling then till they get sick of me and agree to go.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Yahmama
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    .And people to step up and indicate how far they want to ride to make the delivery.
    For me mid to upper North Island. Should I bring my own Anthrax?

Bike
    Triumph
    Blog Entries
    And that folks sounds like a plan.
    So what time at Viaduct Mom?
    And Maha, this organizing things not THAT hard after all. lol.

Bike
    rf900
    Count me in for whatever is arranged. And a couple of others from round here as well.

What I can't understand is the apathy of the general public.........."so we get less pay and higher car rego costs, and reduced benefits..........." all they can do is shrug and give a blank stare..............
    must start slapping people around to get it through to them that everybody will be shafted.......
    not just the bikers

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    I thought I saw somewhere that MoM was planning a park-in at the Viaduct, but now I can't find it anywhere. So maybe I imagined it.

If not, still the same plan. Viaduct's as good a place as any to a ssemble.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    F800GS
    I'll put a summary of tonight's suggestions in the first post tomorrow morning.

I would like to have the Scooters on board this time as well, easy ride, no motorway, no fast roads. (Who has contacts to get them on short notice, please PM) Bikes on trailers would be fun too, loosens up the convoy and good for a interested look from bystanders. Also good to fix some larger messages to

Keep the ideas coming

Who's working in town and could drop into the mission tomorrow, please be respectable, and ask them if they would have us donate food. We could even collect at viaduct and use the "car and trailer" to deliver due to the parking and scare factor.

Definitely drive by TVNZ on the way out.

Alternatively to assembling at the viaduct, we could meet earlier that day on West Street, top of Upper Queen St, have the drive in to the viaduct as a first ride of the day.

Mom I'll get in contact with you re coordinating both events. The Viaduct thing is very good to educate the public, far better than the ride.

Please PM me with the addresses and I'll put a list together with rough km. Also if you want to deliver one or maybe more cards, let me know how far you would like drive max.

Rest tomorrow
    Your life passes in front of your eyes before you die. The process is called living.

Bike
    We need the 'Busas to bring the big flag.

And we need some drawing pins or bluetack or something, to stick the cards and gift to the doors of places that are closed.

And with any luck when they find them on Monday they may freak out.

Question: Some riders may be able to make the card/gift delviery on the Monday . If they can, and prefer to, should they ? We still need to hold the event on the Saturday, for most folk time of work now is a no-no. (except maybe the 24th, and I don't think that's a good idea, too many conflicting issues , like boozed drivers)
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodir View Post
    I'll put a summary of tonight's suggestions in the first post tomorrow morning.

I would like to have the Scooters on board this time as well, easy ride, no motorway, no fast roads. (Who has contacts to get them on short notice, please PM) Bikes on trailers would be fun too, loosens up the convoy and good for a interested look from bystanders. Also good to fix some larger messages to

Keep the ideas coming

Who's working in town and could drop into the mission tomorrow, please be respectable, and ask them if they would have us donate food. We could even collect at viaduct and use the "car and trailer" to deliver due to the parking and scare factor.

Definitely drive by TVNZ on the way out.

Alternatively to assembling at the viaduct, we could meet earlier that day on West Street, top of Upper Queen St, have the drive in to the viaduct as a first ride of the day.

Mom I'll get in contact with you re coordinating both events. The Viaduct thing is very good to educate the public, far better than the ride.

Please PM me with the addresses and I'll put a list together with rough km. Also if you want to deliver one or maybe more cards, let me know how far you would like drive max.

Rest tomorrow

Stick with Viaduct. Easy to find, lots of room and cafes and so on if people want to arrive early.

Scooters (and anyone else who wants to) can go direct there, some riders may prefer to group up for a ride in - Westgate, the place at ramarama that we used for the Cheesecutter ride, and Albany , I guess. But anyone who wants can just go direct to the Viaduct.

From there it's all slow stuff, Queen St is 30kph speed limit isn't it?

The actual delivery, that will depend on where its' going. If some are going to Whangarei, f'instance , they'll probably make a ride of it. People need to specify where they're happy to deliver to - ie CBD, West Auckland, Anywhere in Auckland, within 100km , etc.

Bike
    1973 Laverda SF1

Saturday 19th

Ixion, there are a few in the Waikato interested in attending, will discuss it with them at tomorrow nights weekly meeting. If there are any further by 5PM tomorrow I'll take them with me.

Bike
    We need names and addresses for the pressie list - good and bad.

Good bastards get an orange (it's traditional)
    Plain bastards get a lump of coal (also traditional)

Cards to match .

Not just politicians, include any press that ahve been positive (or negative); ACC themselves; anyone else who's been naughty or been nice.

We can call it the "Naughty or Nice Protest".

Can we get a Santa at the Domain ?

Bike
    1997 Honda Blackbird
    count me in of course....More than happy to help out again.

it would be great to see some of the other ppl on the acc hit list represented - like rape support groups, taxis trucks etc especially on the queen st part - be nice if this was another protest like the nat meeting where we could show we weren't alone.

one other idea I quite liked from the all about the levies thread from Ixion, was the demonstrating we were ppl other than just bikers... (suggestion was having a sign sayin biker+teacher+taxpayer) a novel idea I had (maybe not necessarily for this protest) was for us to park up our bikes, and MARCH shoulder to shoulder with the other groups down queen street - possible dressed in 'civies' (ie chefs in whites, businessmen in suits, nurses in nurses clothees etc etc ) but maybe with our lids on to show we're still bikers - but members of the community too. (I did think of riding like this but sends the wrong message

anyway I have a few barely formed ideas, but am keen to help in whatever is decided

Bike
    GSA & WR
    Bollocks, on call on the 19th, will put a request in to swap. Fingers crossed.

Bike
    Canadian Red Back
    Quote Originally Posted by taff1954 View Post
    These do for a start? (might need to check my reo - been a while since I learnt Maori)
    sorry for the edit but here my version of yours

and if you dont mind I have a few candidates lined up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Biker Xmas Card - Labour edit.pdf  

Bike
    Yahmama
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Question: Some riders may be able to make the card/gift delviery on the Monday . If they can, and prefer to, should they ? We still need to hold the event on the Saturday, for most folk time of work now is a no-no. (except maybe the 24th, and I don't think that's a good idea, too many conflicting issues , like boozed drivers)
    I could do a monday delivery also

Bike
    Triumph
    Blog Entries
    Genuine Question.
    Is fly posting (putting up posters without consent) illegal?
    We could get some shots of people wearing the Hi vis vests with occupations on the back at the Domain.
    If anyone in Auckland can turn them into posters (I think I know a shop that does this) I would be part of a small fly posting crew for CBD (any other volunteers, maybe 2 groups of 3).
    Or we could get some shots and get the posters up before the ride?
    Will have a word with the shop and see cost.

Thread Information