Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: We're watching you, Mr Smith. Protest 27th June 2010

Bike
    Everything

Venue and time confirmed

11 AM (ie morning), 27th June 2010.

At Eastern Viaduct , Queens Wharf . look for the yellow trailer.

Slight change to location. Queens wharf down at the viaduct, not the Eastern carpark itself. They're right next to each other, same map. Follow the directions of the marshals
    Education, not legislation, saves lives.

Bike
    F800GS
    Your advertising is great guys How about you share some clear points on what you are planning?

As it stands, I for one think "whatever" and will show up if I have nothing else going on by then. Or to translate that: you have not made me think that I need to go there. The current picture in my mind is of the usual gatherings of radicals with masks and stones and sticks going to trash something. I am pretty sure that is not the case but how can I be certain that this is not what you planned. Civil disobedience is one thing - serious crime is another. Remember the average biker is a real person in the real world with family etc. They need to justify what they are going to do on Sunday. Throw them a bone for [insert whatever you like here] sake to give them a chance to decide to atttend.
    Your life passes in front of your eyes before you die. The process is called living.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    I'll be there if I can borrow or buy a bike in between, I don't care what's planned I'm in even if I've gotta turn up on my boys little 2fidy again!
    If I really needed to know I'd have turned up at the meeting last night (which I completely forgot about).
    I doubt your gonna burn anyone at the stake and anything else is fine for the cause!
    I'm also confused at why everyone wants a public list of the plans??
    Why don't you use the PM function? Les only has to type it once then copy and paste to to whoever inquires, if he wants you to know?
    Even if nothing untoward is happening the suspense alone will tempt the media, so I say keep it under your hat Les and others who are to old/scared to turn up and take a risk don't bother! Where's your sense of adventure?
    Hopefully there will be more than a poultry few and everyone will get off their butts and show up!
    Where's the party after mate lets make a night of it!!

EDIT: And the last thing thats needed if the media does come is for 5 bikes to turn up!! SO be there or be square!!
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    This mans on to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    EDIT: And the last thing thats needed if the media does come is for 5 bikes to turn up!! SO be there or be square!!
    If it turns out that there is a small-medium turn out and the media does turn up, and decide to run with it, it could be detrimental to the cause. In saying that, our Xmas Orange/Coal event had a resonable turn out, but by the time the TV got there, down to about ten bikes, they covered it and it came across really well on the News.
    Our last event (the day of the Minning March) we did not want media coverage at all on the day.
    It was more of a 'lets see how many have lost interest' thing, we wanted to gauge the level of 'still pissed off bikers'. We (the organisers) were pretty stoked at the turn out, a tad over 100 bikes, but it was probably double the amount of what we were actually expecting if we are to be honest.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Our last event (the day of the Minning March) we did not want media coverage at all on the day
    Why not?

10ch

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    Why not?

10ch
    I explained that in my post, re-read it.

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Why don't you use the PM function? Les only has to type it once then copy and paste to to whoever inquires, if he wants you to know?
    Have asked for that here:
    Quote Originally Posted by RiderInBlack View Post
    Am interested in coming along, but am not interested in needing ta cover my face. Will it be that "Cold" that face cover would be advisable? With the BIKEOI, I knew what action I was backing, & was pleased with how is was run. Am ready for more serious action, but would like to know a bit more about it before joining in, OK? The BRONZ newsletter that I got via e-mail today didn't really let me know what I need ta know before joining in. Please Text 027 4534020 or PM me with the needed advise.
    But I'm yet ta get a reply on that. How am I going ta convince other Norf Riders ta come down and support this if I don't know enough myself. Living in Whangarei & work hard as Nurse means that getting to the BRONZ meeting in Dorkland is a bit difficult ta say the lest. So as a Member of BRONZ, I'm totally reliant on what information they E-mail me. In this case, it has be Jack-shit. If ya trying ta rally the Troops, ya need ta improve ya communication & try ta be motivating OK.
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by RiderInBlack View Post
    Have asked for that here:
    But I'm yet ta get a reply on that. How am I going ta convince other Norf Riders ta come down and support this if I don't know enough myself. Living in Whangarei & work hard as Nurse means that getting to the BRONZ meeting in Dorkland is a bit difficult ta say the lest. So as a Member of BRONZ, I'm totally reliant on what information they E-mail me. In this case, it has be Jack-shit. If ya trying ta rally the Troops, ya need ta improve ya communication & try ta be motivating OK.
    I got an email from BRONZ telling me that there was a protest on Sunday. It is a low key announcement

ACC - We're Watching You

Featuring a special guest from the beehive who you've all been longing to meet...

We're still not happy with ACC, come along to this event to make some noise and find out why!

* When: 27th June, 11am (This is the last weekend before the new levies come into play)
    * Where: Viaduct Harbour
    * Why: We are still not happy with ACC and have a message for the minister.

Flick me your email addy if you have not received the newsletter and I will make sure you are included on future mailouts. There is no mention here of face masks etc, so I think that was an off the cuff post somehow. I am not over the protests by a long chalk.

I will NOT cover my face to protest, I am happy to stand up and be counted, infact I have my next speech well underway, did you know one of the reasons that ACC "lost" money was because they own a shopping mall with empty shops. Yes I have read their financials

I think anyone that is anti the changes should attend this protest. I may not be able to attend my mother is in hospital and is quite poorly, I had been with her in Thames all day Wednesday so could not attend the BRONZ meeting either.

I guess this is a gather and listen and or make a shed load of noise type of protest, attend if you can, regardless if you support BRONZ or not. This is about saying no to the changes being made, and to get a fair go as bikers in the changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    ACC - We're Watching You

Featuring a special guest from the beehive who you've all been longing to meet...

We're still not happy with ACC, come along to this event to make some noise and find out why!

* When: 27th June, 11am (This is the last weekend before the new levies come into play)
    * Where: Viaduct Harbour
    * Why: We are still not happy with ACC and have a message for the minister.
    Got that flier, but there was so little details that I come on ta here to see if anyone else knew any more and if any join up points had been organised only ta read this:
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONZ View Post
    We're not happy. You're gouging money from bikers. Where's it going ?

Just what are we getting for our massively increased levies?

We've been told that a bunch of grumpy bikers are planning to turn out to demand some answers : to remind Mr Smith that we're not happy. And that we're watching him.

And to show him exactly what he can do with his A.C.C.

When ? Sunday 27th June.

Where . Central Auckland. Can't tell you exactly where just yet. because if we do, we might be able to have it there. And we're having it there, permissions or not.

We'll update you with exact location , and game plan nearer the day. Sufficiently nearer that it's too late for TPTB to stop it.

And some extra grumpy people may ride on to other places afterward. Not that we know anything about that. . (less than 20km, easy riding, and very legal., No speed limits will be brioken. Quite the reverse. )

Be aware that getting into the location may be difficult for trikes or sidecars . Anyone planning on bringing one, PM me.

Be aware also that we may probably be breaking some rules of some sort.. This meeting may not be totally respectfull. Or polite. So anyone that has major issues with keeping squeaky clean and rule compliant may want to flag this one.

Some folk may want tp wear a mask. or balaclava. Or skull mask . We're encouraging masks and balaclavas. After all, it'll probably be cold.

Probably be wet too. So if you're a wimp, you probably want to flag this one.

Otherwise, if you're not afraid of getting wet, and don't like bending over and taking it (there's a hint there for you) , be there. Disrespectfully, and noisily.

Central Auckland. Somewhere. 27th June 11am.

Anyone that can lead a group from the outskirts, (West gate, Autobahn, Dairy Flat ? ,) please post up , so groups can get organised.

Which really didn't come accross well at all (especially the bits I have high lighted in red). It sounded like there might be a real need ta hide my Identity & could possibly risk prosecution. I am glad that more has been posted later to clarify things a little, because (as I have posted before) IF I am joining a protest, I like ta know what I am to expect when a get there.
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    What's going to happen? I dunno. It's a BRONZ gig, not an Ixion or KB gig. BRONZ doesn't script stuff, they don't tell bikers what to do. Just put out that the gig's going down at time and place. Then when or if bikers turn up, try to find out what they want.

27th, my own guess, is what will happen , is nothing . Zip. Bugger all riders will turn up, we'll call the campaign closed and reconvene to the pub.

My reading ,is that the general mood is that it's time to suck up the levies and move on. Certainly based on KB , I'd say that was the case.

But, we also have some of old school bikers saying to us that they're not happy, and they reckon bikers should fight on, and get more aggressive and confrontational . These are guys from the old days when bikers were a lot tougher than they are now.

I've got to admit, that the "don't make waves" stuff has reached it's use by date. All the submissions have been sent in , and all ignored. All the speechs that could be made have been made, there's nothing new left to say. So, it's either move on, or move up.

Which said, we know that the people who call for a tougher line, all too often don't actually want to be involved themselves. They want someone else to do it.

Weather on the 27th's bound to be shitty. It'll be cold , and wet . Only the hard men will turn out for that, if anyone does . So, we'll see how many are willing to walk the walk (or , ride the ride as the case may be ) .

Far as I'm concerned , won't be anything illegal illegal (ie Crimes Act). Not worth it for $517. If by chance we DO get a decent number of hard, mean sinister looking bikers (pref in black leather) to parade to the media, we've got a little bit of a lampoon set up (probably - if it comes off). Not illegal. Far as I know. Maybe breachs some council bylaw. Definately not respectful. Probably downright vulgar. Maybe disruptive, though I doubt it on Sunday afternoon.

Hopefully calculated to make Mr Smith REALLY angry. That's the one thing he lost his rag over . BIKEOI! wasn't respectful to him. That made him really angry. I know that, because he told me so. If we do get some of the old school, we'll see if we can make him angry again. . Beyond that, it's down to who turns up.

I'm thinking that the end result will be I'll spend the day in the pub. But, I could be wrong

Every rider needs to make his own call . People who are respectful of authority and upset by vulgarity , obscenity and such like, probably won't be happy.

If you aren't comfortable with that sort of scene. In which case, best to stay home, pay the levy, stop complaining and move on. Complaining about things and not being willing to do whatever is needed to remedy them is pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    What's going to happen? I dunno. It's a BRONZ gig,
    Once again, BRONZ (read Les Mason) fails to see the wood for the trees.

Bike
    CBR1000RR ON HOLD no money for you ACC!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I would suggest that 'polite and respectful' in the way we present motorcycling, as a whole, to the general public would get us far further than your deluded rebel without a clue approach, you old fool.
    Nah respectful doesnt get you anywhere....just ask Maoris and their foreshore plight. Once you stat jumping on car roofs and throw stuff on MPs and generaly look "dangerous" ...those meek, sheepish people with start to listen.

Bike
    CBR1000RR ON HOLD no money for you ACC!
    11 AM (ie morning), 27th June 2010.

At Eastern Viaduct car park. By the Maritime Museum, look for the yellow trailer.
    If hypotheticaly one was to turn up ..what are the chances on being arrested that day? (its just that I gotta be somewhere else later on that night...)

50/50 is good enough for me though

Bike
    Triumph
    Blog Entries
    "sinister looking bikers (pref in black leather)"
    "Only the hard men will turn out for that"
    "If you aren't comfortable with that sort of scene."

We're not going up K Rd are we? It's not THAT type of protest is it?

Thread Information