Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wellington 250 rides?

Bike
    Bandit 250(for sale), 636
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Cliffhanger Promotions are keen to have a 250 class at the Wairarapa Sprints, as they want to encourage younger riders to get into road racing.

It would be an opportunity to test out your machines in a controlled environment, providing you are comfortable getting close to your bikes top speed, in addition to testing your standing starts and 1/4 mile times.

More info will follow soon, either in Meetings and Events or Racing.
    Count me in!
    1990 Suzuki Bandit GSF 250 for sale 39k kms $3,500

Bike
    2001 GSX1200
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar View Post
    Here you go mate: Great KBer Ride
    Looks like a good ride, and I'll try to be there .. but I think I might want a bit more practice first

I've been doing most of my practising (other than commuting) on the Makara road, though, and the takas aren't much worse than that. More traffic though.

Richard

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Makara Rd is an interesting one. Its pretty tight and lots of blind corners. Takas are far easier to ride up at a fair clip. Treated with respect it can be lots of fun. I dont think that many seek the Makara Rd to be honest (just a personal pref.).
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    2001 GSX1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
    Ive held a few rides before but never a 250 one, im keen to participate with my gsf250 - been riding for awhile now...

Must be time to do "Wasp's Welly Weekend WAdventure Wride" again , any ride I organise however will never be restricted to only 250s it will be open class with just an emphasis on 250s (i feel its better to have the fast/experienced guys around for advice and if the unthinkable should happen i know they will handle it alot better than i possibly could.)

I'm quietly looking forwards to the face off between rwh's vt250f and IR's VTZ250(j). GO VTZ GO!!!
    Hmm. Perhaps the term I should have quoted from the Auckland thread was 'Learner friendly' rather than '250 friendly'. There is rather a difference, of course

Richard

Bike
    2001 GSX1200
    Makara Rd is an interesting one. Its pretty tight and lots of blind corners. Takas are far easier to ride up at a fair clip. Treated with respect it can be lots of fun. I dont think that many seek the Makara Rd to be honest (just a personal pref.).
    It's right next to home, so I don't have to spend ages on the open road (deciding whether to go with the flow or stick to the legal 70) to get there. Though of course it now has limits of 50 or 60 all the way through

But I think I can now get through there faster on my bike than in my car

Richard

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Yeah I was ondering if that was the criteria.

Im sure you are, but take it easy on that road. Cars will cut corners if they want to have fun. Similar to the Paekakariki Hill Rd, has its fans, but even good riders will steer clear.
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    2001 GSX1200
    Im sure you are, but take it easy on that road. Cars will cut corners if they want to have fun. Similar to the Paekakariki Hill Rd, has its fans, but even good riders will steer clear.
    Sure. I think I'm actually quite conservative compared to lots of drivers of both cars and bikes - many drivers would be going much faster than I do on either.

Richard

Bike
    Goose
    Cliffhanger Promotions are keen to have a 250 class at the Wairarapa Sprints, as they want to encourage younger riders to get into road racing.

It would be an opportunity to test out your machines in a controlled environment, providing you are comfortable getting close to your bikes top speed, in addition to testing your standing starts and 1/4 mile times.

More info will follow soon, either in Meetings and Events or Racing.
    What about my bike? I wouldnt mind giving it a go....
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8 Jacket View Post
    What about my bike? I wouldnt mind giving it a go....
    I'm proposing a 150 2 stroke/250 4 stroke category which would suit you, but not sure about further restricting to specify twins and four cylinder 250's.

It gets complicated don't it.

Plus I doubt these categories would need quite the same run up for the flying 1/4's as the bigger bikes to hit top speed.......a bit more oganising to go yet.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Goose
    I'm proposing a 150 2 stroke/250 4 stroke category which would suit you, but not sure about further restricting to specify twins and four cylinder 250's.

It gets complicated don't it.

Plus I doubt these categories would need quite the same run up for the flying 1/4's as the bigger bikes to hit top speed.......a bit more oganising to go yet.
    Yeah it is quite complicated! Im definately keen, will keep my eyes open.....

Bike
    Bandit 250(for sale), 636
    so the age old question will be answered: which is faster - a 150 2 stroke or a 250 4 stroke..... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN LAST CHANCE TO PLACE YOUR BETS, PLACE YOUR BETS PLEASE!

Back on topic; if anyone wants to go riding this weekend either lateish saturday or on sunday then speak up
    1990 Suzuki Bandit GSF 250 for sale 39k kms $3,500

Bike
    Goose
    so the age old question will be answered: which is faster - a 150 2 stroke or a 250 4 stroke..... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN LAST CHANCE TO PLACE YOUR BETS, PLACE YOUR BETS PLEASE!

Back on topic; if anyone wants to go riding this weekend either lateish saturday or on sunday then speak up
    Depends really on who's riding what... Some people could manage to take out a 4 stroker on my bike and sometimes its the other way round.... Hopefully we'll get to find out! There's a few of us with 150 2strokes, a few of them KR's... would be a nice even test!

Bike
    Goose
    Oh yeah, ME! Either later Sat so I can go to the gym, or Sunday anytime... I dont really mind if I go by myself either so give a time and place and i'll see.

Bike
    Nothing, broke it, no $$ for a new one
    prizes are anticipated for the fastest.....and maybe the slowest?
    Yay! Prizes for nannas! I win - may as well give me the prize now
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Bike
    2001 GSX1200
    Me, definitely. Remembering I've only had my learners 2 months ...

Richard

Thread Information