Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Want to race ASBK?

Bike
    BMW

Want to race ASBK?

We are going to race around 5 rounds of the ASBK series next year to get more racing experience depending on clashes

We will be looking to take another 3 bikes with us to share costs.

We will organise shipping, getting your bike to the track and pit garages so basically you just find your way to each round and race.

If we could raise enough money between us we could look at taking RT if he was available. I havnt asked, Hi Robert lol

If your interested give let me know and ill finish getting prices organised. You dont have to be trying to make an international name for yourself or anything like that, you might just wanna go ride and race at some of the best tracks in the world.

The superstock classes are great and they cater down to D grade also the 125 class is huge for our next upcoming young racer

Bike
    Various things
    That's awesome...and what a great chance it is for someone. Hope you find the riders needed asap.

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    What - so you're not offering me a bike as well mate ? Sheesh
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    BMW
    3 Other riders seriously keen already it could be a goer!!

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    We are going to race around 5 rounds of the ASBK series next year to get more racing experience depending on clashes

We will be looking to take another 3 bikes with us to share costs.
    Shit, now my sister would be very upset if I didn't attend her wedding in England next summer

Bike
    BSA A10
    Got room for a Sidecar? promise we won't leak any oil in the container on the way over
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Got room for a Sidecar? promise we won't leak any oil in the container on the way over
    Don't believe yer. Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.

Bike
    Honda NSR300 MC21
    If you don't take Sketchy with you it'll be a f**king poor story for New Zealand!

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by satchriossi View Post
    If you don't take Sketchy with you it'll be a f**king poor story for New Zealand!
    He wont be coming

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    He wont be coming
    Haha na you would have to organise it all for and pay for it 2 lol

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by gixerracer View Post
    Haha na you would have to organise it all for and pay for it 2 lol
    It would be his salary that would be the killer

Bike
    GSXR450
    It would be his salary that would be the killer

Speaking of which

If you want a manager/co-ordinator for this programme mate, ie, bookings, co-ordinating freight etc, If I am in New Zealand next year, I would like to put my hand up for it.

I have built and managed a 250cc Grand Prix team a few moons ago, so understand the politics etc involved.

You know I have a huge passion for this game, and also for the Kiwi doing it

I would only ask for my airfares and accomodation.

Sorry, I am done doing anything in the racing scene for Free now, to many people rip yip you off, and walk away from promises and hand shake deals.
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Speaking of which

If you want a manager/co-ordinator for this programme mate, ie, bookings, co-ordinating freight etc, If I am in New Zealand next year, I would like to put my hand up for it.

I have built and managed a 250cc Grand Prix team a few moons ago, so understand the politics etc involved.

You know I have a huge passion for this game, and also for the Kiwi doing it

I would only ask for my airfares and accomodation.

Sorry, I am done doing anything in the racing scene for Free now, to many people rip yip you off, and walk away from promises and hand shake deals.
    Hey Shaun as per my PM id be keen to take you up on that offer and thanks!

At this stage the balance has swung in that the person who has contacted me has raced in Australia several times and he will probably be the coordinator and ill be helping him at as much as possible.

You have to look at things professionally Shaun that way things get done properly so im not worried about people making a buck. Ill let ya know how it all develops

Bike
    GSXR450
    Hey Shaun as per my PM id be keen to take you up on that offer and thanks!

At this stage the balance has swung in that the person who has contacted me has raced in Australia several times and he will probably be the coordinator and ill be helping him at as much as possible.

You have to look at things professionally Shaun that way things get done properly so im not worried about people making a buck. Ill let ya know how it all develops

Good on ya mate. I have not recieved a PM though?
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    tedium
    Fuck, how cool is that
    http://www.asbk.com.au/news30-07-10a.shtml

Entries now open for Phillip Island dual ASBK / V8 Supercar event
    30-07-2010

Entries are now open for riders wishing to compete at round 6 of the Viking Australian Superbike Championships (ASBK), running alongside flagship V8 Supercar event the L&H 500 at Phillip Island, Victoria from September 10-12.

Motorsport fans are set to visit the event in their tens of thousands, providing excellent exposure for racers in the Superbike/Superstock 1000 A&B and Supersport classes.

Competitors will have the added incentive of featuring as part of the live television package for the event airing on Saturday the 11th and Sunday the 12th of September.

In addition, an exclusive event will be held on Saturday evening giving riders the chance to mix with Grandstand, Camping and L&H ticket holders plus leading V8 Supercar, V8 Ute and Mini Challenge drivers.

The following sessions will take place on-track:

Friday: Practice / Qualifying / Superpole
    Saturday: Warm up / Race 1
    Sunday: Warm up / Race 2

Each entry will receive a total of seven credentials (passes) for the event. Entry fees remain unchanged from previous 2010 ASBK events.

On-circuit camping is available to spectators and competitors behind turn 2. View camping details and FAQ here.

The deadline for entries is August 12. Download the entry form from here.

Thread Information