Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Yamaha MT-10

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapf View Post
    Yesterday had the Nitron installed by Motorcycle works out in East tamiki. On the way home the shock feels HEAPS better already, the kick in the backside is gone and already feel more confident inspiring.

Tomorrow I will go on a tuning ride out the country side to dial them in.... will write more after tomorrow.
    I had the same issue with my Street Triple and purchased a Nitron rear unit set up for my weight and use from Robert Taylor. It was near-perfect out of the box and the difference was huge. I reckon that they're comparable with more expensive shocks for a lot less. I had a Penske on my Blackbird and whilst it was outstanding, it was also bloody expensive. I'd forget about bling and a noisy end can for a road bike. A suspension upgrade will do a heap more for you!

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    I had the same issue with my Street Triple and purchased a Nitron rear unit set up for my weight and use from Robert Taylor. It was near-perfect out of the box and the difference was huge. I reckon that they're comparable with more expensive shocks for a lot less. I had a Penske on my Blackbird and whilst it was outstanding, it was also bloody expensive. I'd forget about bling and a noisy end can for a road bike. A suspension upgrade will do a heap more for you!
    He's cheaped out this time, considering all his other bikes had Ohlins
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Leaves more money for a noisy end can

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Or is that a sign he is close enough to happy with the handling of this one?

When I make fast sweeping changes it is because I cannot live with something. E.g. my last two bikes got higher wider bars within the fortnight.
    On the other hand the levers I found occasionally irritating got updated after 2 and a half years of putting up with thinking the curve on them was too radical. Only an issue in the cold or on very long rides.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    2016 Yamaha MT-10
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    What's the rough cost for a nitron rear set?

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lee View Post
    What's the rough cost for a nitron rear set?
    When I bought mine for the Triple about 3 years ago, it was about $1000 delivered, valved and sprung for my specific needs. It was the basic model without the remote reservoir but worth every cent. Absolutely fine for road use.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I had a discussion once with well known racer, he looked at my Ohlins with remote reservoir and adjustable compression damping and commented that he didn't see that as being necessary.
    "Once the suspension is set up, it's set up."

He was informed that this time I might be solo, next time I might have a passenger, another time both a passenger and luggage. (Should I get so lucky.)
    He then understood that racing was relatively uncomplicated in comparison to the serious business of riding on the road.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I had a discussion once with well known racer, he looked at my Ohlins with remote reservoir and adjustable compression damping and commented that he didn't see that as being necessary.
    "Once the suspension is set up, it's set up."

He was informed that this time I might be solo, next time I might have a passenger, another time both a passenger and luggage. (Should I get so lucky.)
    He then understood that racing was relatively uncomplicated in comparison to the serious business of riding on the road.
    Disagree with that, one thing I got from Dave Moss was how much setup changed through the day.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Disagree with that, one thing I got from Dave Moss was how much setup changed through the day.
    I just rode mine until just past the grip stopped happening because I wasn't very flash anyway.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    2016 Yamaha MT-10
    My rocket ship has finally arrived.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Oh my God that looks awesome!

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Aesthetically, Yamaha have lost their way.

Bike
    2016 Yamaha MT-10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    Aesthetically, Yamaha have lost their way.
    That was my thoughts when I originally saw the MT-10. I can say now that the looks have grown on me considerably. Maybe I just really wanted to like the bike to justify its purchase, however I really do like the look a lot especially in blue which I was happy to wait 2 months for.

Bike
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lee View Post
    My rocket ship has finally arrived.
    I saw your bike downstairs yesterday. It's amazing how much better that bike looks with a decent paint job!

How does the Acro sound?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bike
    2016 Yamaha MT-10

2016 Yamaha MT-10

Quote Originally Posted by aws View Post
    I saw your bike downstairs yesterday. It's amazing how much better that bike looks with a decent paint job!

How does the Acro sound?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Still breaking her in and getting used to the Acro tone. On my MT09 I had a Yoshi which had a deeper throaty sound.

Thread Information