Page 2148 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 1148164820482098213821462147214821492150215821982248 ... LastLast
Results 32,206 to 32,220 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Vintage 2T
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiplane View Post
    Both cylinders are working (have the same temperature).
    I see that the engine has a 1 into 2 inlet & a 2 into1 exhaust.

In the snowmobile world, where these exhausts are not uncommon, it is suggested that the useful rev limit is around 8000rpm.
    Beyond that superposition of pulses creates interference between the cylinders.

cheers, Daryl.

Bike
    Moped
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Attachment 342426

Been playing on the dyno again tonight. Green and Red lines are both standard, un modified NSR MC21 cylinders on de stroked rotary valve Suzuki GP100 bottom ends. Everything is much the same between them, timing, heads, pipes etc except the Green line is on a case with much more crankcase volume and fuel injection. Just in case you wanted to know.
    Read this a while ago. thought you might find something interesting? maybe further development

http://publications.lib.chalmers.se/...ext/149154.pdf
    little more info about the technology
    http://www.evinrudenation.com/owner-zone/emm-unwrapped/
    http://www.evinrudenation.com/owner-...-bill-grannis/
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350

power drop... how understand reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Pursang View Post
    I see that the engine has a 1 into 2 inlet & a 2 into1 exhaust.
    In the snowmobile world, where these exhausts are not uncommon, it is suggested that the useful rev limit is around 8000rpm.
    Beyond that superposition of pulses creates interference between the cylinders.
    cheers, Daryl.
    Thanks Daryl, but engine work at max for at least 15 seconds... So probably interference could not be a reason.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    I remember the early years of air cooled bucket racing, power would drop off markedly after the first few laps. I think it was Kenneth Steadman that first smashed the cast iron fins off that little Kawasaki's cylinder, bronze weld a jacket on, similar process to the head, water pump manufactured and fitted to the oil pump drive. Car heater radiator. That little Kawasaki would sing crisp from start to finish. The next year nearly all the buckets were water cooled.
    Heat soak and thermal distortion, the enemy.

Bike
    Vintage 2T
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiplane View Post
    Thanks Daryl, but engine work at max for at least 15 seconds... So probably interference could not be a reason.
    Dunno, perhaps it takes that long for pipe temperature and wave speeds to stabilise??

Does the exhaust have a perforated rear cone?

Another question to ask: Is the fuel supply to the single carby sufficient to maintain 30hp continuously?

cheers, Daryl.

Bike
    zuma50
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Attachment 342426

Been playing on the dyno again tonight. Just in case you wanted to know. Green and Red lines are both standard, un modified NSR MC21 cylinders on de stroked rotary valve Suzuki GP100 bottom ends. Everything is much the same between the two engines, timing, heads, pipes etc except the Green line is on a case with much more crankcase volume and fuel injection. Interesting that both engines show little bumps in their curves in much the same places.
    Is hump your PV's?

Also, loss of bottom end power... do you think that's from case volume... or efi?

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Green big case volume.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	776.8 KB 
ID:	342446 Green line, much larger crankcase volume.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny quest View Post
    Is hump your PV's?
    I put a lot of effort into trying to tune the hump out at 10k rpm with the PV and Ignition but could not get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny quest View Post
    loss of bottom end power... do you think that's from case volume... or efi?
    I am not sure about the loss of bottom end power, it was the first bike on the dyno. But I certainly don't think it is EFI as EFI is the easiest thing to get right at wide open throttle. Accuracy of fueling at WOT with two stroke "B" port injection beats a carburetor hands down. Case volume, maybe, but now that I know more about setting up the PV and how low it can go, I will have another look at the loss of bottom end.

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350
    Does the exhaust have a perforated rear cone?
    Another question to ask: Is the fuel supply to the single carby sufficient to maintain 30hp continuously?
    Yes, perforated cone
    Fuel supply - I see only forum posts related this engine. Now guys trying improve there.
    I want make similar inline engine based on 2 cylinders, but make something better than competitor for 115 kg aircraft use.
    Hecitate what parts to use:
    - 2 sets cylinders of Yamaha YZ85 like https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3301...AbTest=ae803_5
    - 2 sets of AM6 90cc like https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3279...22]https://es.
    - 2 sets of air cooled Stihl 090 (I have some) https://mikeschainsawshop.co.nz/prod...-piston-kit-2/
    - last idea rework Yamaha 2-cylinder outboard using ready crank. piston and sleeves...https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32791606204.html + https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3260...7cf42ceac1i6Es

Looks a bit off-topic, but may be somebody used thise spares in moto-projects and got some preferences/hates...

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    I remember the early years of air cooled bucket racing, power would drop off markedly after the first few laps. I think it was Kenneth Steadman that first smashed the cast iron fins off that little Kawasaki's cylinder, bronze weld a jacket on, similar process to the head, water pump manufactured and fitted to the oil pump drive. Car heater radiator. That little Kawasaki would sing crisp from start to finish. The next year nearly all the buckets were water cooled.
    I think the bike you are referring to was called The Rat.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    husaberg
    I was thinking the same as the chainsaws are designed for forced air cooling with the mag fan and shrouds and they are only used at full revs imminently in operation. chainsaw engines thus tend to have less fins than a fish fillet.
    but wouldnt the in this case pusher prop drawa fair bit of cold Russian air over the engine.? i have no idea re aero cooling...........
    But maybe in the way its being set up in this situation without a shroud it doesn't?
    if only there was a gyro guy./microlight ...........
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Vintage 2T
    The Russian twin aero engine has a cowling & fan

Looks like a lot of development was done.
    Don't read Russian so can't tell if this is a design problem or a fault with some individual installations.

cheers, Daryl.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Disclaimer, I did not do this video. A fellow gyro nut posted it. It's a bit OTT, but it does show that the 700 twin is a real thing and does in fact fly. These are early hours so I'm just using enough power to fly, no where near full throttle, too frightened I'll blow it up. But it goes well.

Jbiplane, I know weight is an issue for you but a balance shaft is nice, at 180 degree firing coupled with this shaft my engine is nearly electric motor smooth and so is water cooling very desirable for sustained high power settings.
    Make your own cylinders then you get exactly what you want not someone elses compromise.
    https://youtu.be/sm8Y0XWEpIU

Bike
    husaberg
    The Russian twin aero engine has a cowling & fan

cheers, Daryl.
    What video engine was i watching what i seen looked like an opposed twin?

Disclaimer, I did not do this video. A fellow gyro nut posted it. It's a bit OTT, but it does show that the 700 twin is a real thing and does in fact fly. These are early hours so I'm just using enough power to fly, no where near full throttle, to frightened I'll blow it up. But it goes well.

Jbiplane, I know weight is an issue for you but a balance shaft is nice, at 180 degree firing coupled with this shaft my engine is nearly electric motor smooth and so is water cooling very desirable for sustained high power settings.
    Make your own cylinders then you get exactly what you want not someone elses compromise.
    https://youtu.be/sm8Y0XWEpIU
    i was wondering why it looked like you were in a valley until i got to the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Gawd! Looking at the top of those trees made me want to faint..
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Thats why I fly over the gap in the trees. More choices if the engine stops.
    Shafts ground and parts fitted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190712_203743.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	364.7 KB 
ID:	342457   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190712_204857.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	482.1 KB 
ID:	342459   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190712_203711.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	471.9 KB 
ID:	342458  

Thread Information