Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

MotoGP 2021

Okay I'll start the new year's thread this time to save Merv doing it.

Got a big shuffle in teams for this one boys, lets hope Ducati have finally cracked on to a good combination with Miller and Bags after so many years.

I'm also hoping Aprilia will have fixed their engine gremlins from 2020 as the bike looked bloody good until they had to turn it down a bit to keep it from going pop. Going to be interesting to see who they put as #2 but my guess is Dorna will have the final say.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Is Joe Roberts still in the mix for the Aprilia ?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Is Joe Roberts still in the mix for the Aprilia ?
    Rumours state he's turned it down, which would be mad IMO as Aleix has shown its not a baf bike if you ride the fucking wheels off it, good enough to get noticed anyways.

There's that other American chap linked to it too apparently. My bets will be a yank of Bradders back on it next year

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Rumours state he's turned it down, which would be mad IMO as Aleix has shown its not a baf bike if you ride the fucking wheels off it, good enough to get noticed anyways.

There's that other American chap linked to it too apparently. My bets will be a yank of Bradders back on it next year

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
    You'd like to think that Aprilia like KTM will come right , Garret Gerloff - him ?
    Maybe Chas Davies to ?

Bike
    ES XTZ

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    You'd like to think that Aprilia like KTM will come right , Garret Gerloff - him ?
    Maybe Chas Davies to ?
    Yeah Gerloff's the one.

The main thing is their budget is bugger all compared to KTM, so KTM threw money at it and got exactly the right team. Bit like Petronas have managed to do in such a short space of time, assemble the talent and let them do their work.

Aprilia have access to the money it's whether they're invested or not. Chaz would be a mistake IMO, too old and the learning curve in Motogp is too steep.
    Aprilia need a young hungry rider, I think that Rossi is advising against the VR46 moto2 guys going there though going off the fact a few have turned them down, makes sense as many careers have already been cut short by that bike and team.
    Dorna no doubt have their noses right in there though advising what passport they'd like the rider to carry with financial incentives to do so, which is a shame really as we want the fastest rider on the grid. I won't be surprised if Rabat noses in there with his cheque book, it's a shame to see him go as he was really starting to show some promise before his accident at Silverstone, ever since then he's not been the same Rabat. It'd be interesting to see him on a half decent bike as he's only been on the shit ones in Motogp.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Marc Marquez undergoes a new operation
    Repsol Honda rider has undergone a new operation on his right arm
    Tags 2020, Marc Marquez, Repsol Honda Team
    Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda team) has undergone a new operation on his right arm as a result of the slow healing of the humerus bone, which has not improved with specific shock wave treatment.

Today the rider has undergone surgery at the Hospital Ruber Internacional, in Madrid for a pseudarthrosis of the right humerus.

The surgery, carried out by a team made up of doctors Samuel Antuña, Ignacio Roger de Oña, Juan de Miguel, Aitor Ibarzabal and Andrea García Villanueva, consisted of the removal of the previous plate and the placement of a new plate with the addition of an iliac crest bone graft with a corticoperiosteal free flap.

The surgical procedure lasted for eight hours and was uneventful.

Me thinks he came back to soon. I'm told if you stuff the bone around the screws after op one its shagged and wont heal/harden.
    Be a shame to loose MM or have him ride with something in reserve because of fear of re Injury.
    He was the benchmark and I was looking forward to seeing how fast the other guys really where when he got back.
    ah well that's life cant change it, if he's lost a couple of tenths it'll make for a bloody great season.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    The surgery, carried out by a team made up of doctors Samuel Antuña, Ignacio Roger de Oña, Juan de Miguel, Aitor Ibarzabal and Andrea García Villanueva, consisted of the removal of the previous plate and the placement of a new plate with the addition of an iliac crest bone graft with a corticoperiosteal free flap.
    He must be gaining some interesting scars because they've used part of his pelvis and another piece from his leg for the bone graft if I read that right.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Does not sound good for MM dammit.

Bike
    More on MM doesn't look like it'll make it for the first half of this season either

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...month-recovery
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    It would be interesting to see how the new guns compare to MM now. But I can't imagine that his software would allow him to get scared or keep anything in reserve. On the contrary I think he'll see it as motivation to prove a point.
    Shades of Dick Moohan.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    It would be interesting to see how the new guns compare to MM now. But I can't imagine that his software would allow him to get scared or keep anything in reserve. On the contrary I think he'll see it as motivation to prove a point.
    Shades of Dick Moohan.
    True mate it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.
    I have read articles on how age makes you slower because of the brain assessing risk factors differently - Example Rossi and a few other old fellas
    You cant control or override this it just happens for some later than others - again Rossi as an example.

This was the reasoning behind my first comment MM is young but wondering if the above will effect him at all in regards to staying upright?
    He has to have thought one more fall???
    But you could be 100% correct it will be interesting to watch thats for sure.

Will they be saying "he was never the same" or "he has come back better"

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    True mate it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.
    I have read articles on how age makes you slower because of the brain assessing risk factors differently - Example Rossi and a few other old fellas
    You cant control or override this it just happens for some later than others - again Rossi as an example.

This was the reasoning behind my first comment MM is young but wondering if the above will effect him at all in regards to staying upright?
    He has to have thought one more fall???
    But you could be 100% correct it will be interesting to watch thats for sure.

Will they be saying "he was never the same" or "he has come back better"
    After I got hurt my internal voices got louder and once fearless in the rain I started to get progressively more spooked to where I didn't race in the rain unless I had to and was pretty average when I did. I let it get to me the older I got.

But that's why I'm mere mortal and would never have been able to make the jump to the next level. Whereas these guys stomped through levels, because they never doubted their (much higher x1000) ability at any stage. And MM is so headstrong he just goes-front wheel you're my bitch.

I don't think it would occur to him to think he won't be fastest.

Doohan once said something like Do you want me to slow down.? When there was criticism of his total dominance. I kinda hope MM does slow a bit. The racing is actually better when it's so close.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    More on MM, seems it's all the doctors fault and that could be correct. But hard to imagine that someone didn't say it wasn't a good idea to get back on the bike a week after a major operation. But I don't ride MotoGP lol.
    The podcast is good this autosport site is bloody good. In the podcast they're talking about Dovi riding for Honda? Did I miss something because I'm working 24/7 atm.

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...-was-a-mistake

Bike
    77 XL250
    Looks to me like the doctors are being blamed for not doing enough to stop Marquez. I bet the advice given was that the plate should hold. The opposite end of the scale is doctors refusing to do patch-up and ride work or giving a blanket 'do not ride until fully healed'.

In the end it is down to the rider, his team and Dorna to make the call to ride.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Thread Information