Page 752 of 919 FirstFirst ... 252652702742750751752753754762802852 ... LastLast
Results 11,266 to 11,280 of 13773

Thread: Stupid World

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Report: US wasted billions on cars, buildings in Afghanistan

"Additionally, the West has wildly underestimated the impact of Afghan corruption and in many cases incompetence. It was always a recipe for failure.”...

Except this isn't the first time the U.S. has created a war and wasted billions/trillions on maintaining it... but sure, blame the Afghans that helped the MIC. I think some people died/die too.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    I Ride No More

What Economic Crisis?

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2021/...ed-money-went/

Don't ask why their politicians have an issue with the economic stimulus payments to their citizens.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post
    https://wallstreetonparade.com/2021/...ed-money-went/
    Don't ask why their politicians have an issue with the economic stimulus payments to their citizens.
    That reads to me like the money Trump was pumping into the stock market to keep the market artificially inflated. We knew that the Fed was paying trillions to the banks in order to do this, that had been reported long since. That item appears to be the same story with more detail as to who was getting the money.

My first question is, what happens if Biden doesn't continue Trump's policy?

The next question is, how quickly will the NZ sharemarket follow the US stockmarket down?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    IIRC we have some here might want to spend some cash to orotect themselves from 5G. This will probably cost rather more than a tinfoil hat.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...ement-business
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    I Ride No More

Carbon Taxes

An EU carbon tax was being discussed back in 2019 (when Trump was still in power). Happened to note this post this morning:

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/...imate-ambition

And wondered how this might impact NZ.

Given (i) certain NZ sectors being exempt (ii) our past practice in buying carbon credits (iii) possible EU interest in excluding cost-efficient agricultural producers from outside the EU.

Mind you, some might argue that a carbon tax is just "shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic", and that it simply provides a means of more financial arbitrage and profit making (instead of actively helping to reduce emissions, let alone fast enough).

https://www.globalresearch.ca/climat...-trail/5690209

Others, that it should be coupled with other means:

https://www.vox.com/2021/3/5/2231017...nge-wealth-tax

[Edit]
    For a discussion of the relative merits of a cap-and-trade vs carbon tax mechanism:

http://www.robertstavinsblog.org/201...ricing-policy/

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Mind you, some might argue that a carbon tax is just "shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic", and that it simply provides a means of more financial arbitrage and profit making (instead of actively helping to reduce emissions, let alone fast enough).
    That's what the evidence and data point to. That there's an ongoing discussion about that which has been evidenced for at least the last century, is something truly special.

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    That's what the evidence and data point to. That there's an ongoing discussion about that which has been evidenced for at least the last century, is something truly special.
    Thanks.

The day was not even out, and I saw the following had also been posted:

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/spe...bon-tax-system

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Thanks.

The day was not even out, and I saw the following had also been posted:

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/spe...bon-tax-system
    They turned tax revenue, by creating credits, into a commodity and are surprised at what's taking place. Stupid World indeed. Not sure what the end goal is, but it'll likely lead to more monopoly given that the owners of production that survive the extra taxes will be the only ones able to pollute like fuck (still gotta make money using the same stuff the biz's are setup to produce etc...) and still afford to pay the bill whilst making gazillions in profit from primary resource destruction. Pretty much everyone else will then slowly be priced out of business...

... because history and economics show that this IS what happens. The resulting inefficiency creates many a mess at the coalface, but it is more profitable than people going out of business.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Not sure what the end goal is, but it'll likely lead to more monopoly.... Pretty much everyone else will then slowly be priced out of business...

... because history and economics show that this IS what happens. The resulting inefficiency creates many a mess at the coalface, but it is more profitable than people going out of business.
    The end goal is “equality”, equality of life with those in Somalia, Mexico China etc....
    Someone let the slaves learn to read and they building their own plantations and even living in their own “ big house”
    The covid response by nz govt has been clear example of where we are headed and typical of how things operate. One layer after another is added til you can’t do anything or afford to...
    Petrol power for instance will never be banned for private use, just a myriad of taxes will make it unaffordable.... while it will still be available for military and govt use.
    The impact of covid on global logistics has been a clear indication of just how easy a few changes can bring our world to a halt... they now have data of e actly how fast or sly they’d can boil the frogs in the pot...
    Soon an entire generation of indoctrinated millennials will happily demand to pay more taxes to forget the old world and live in their online matrix of instant gratification in an entirely digital world
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    The end goal is “equality”, equality of life with those in Somalia, Mexico China etc....
    Someone let the slaves learn to read and they building their own plantations and even living in their own “ big house”
    The covid response by nz govt has been clear example of where we are headed and typical of how things operate. One layer after another is added til you canÂ’t do anything or afford to...
    Petrol power for instance will never be banned for private use, just a myriad of taxes will make it unaffordable.... while it will still be available for military and govt use.
    The impact of covid on global logistics has been a clear indication of just how easy a few changes can bring our world to a halt... they now have data of e actly how fast or sly theyÂ’d can boil the frogs in the pot...
    Soon an entire generation of indoctrinated millennials will happily demand to pay more taxes to forget the old world and live in their online matrix of instant gratification in an entirely digital world
    Strange way to go about trying to achieve "equality"/equity, but hey.

When history repeats, societal collapse sits at the end. Such collapse has never been polite. As mentioned once upon a relatively not so long ago, the nuclear problems that come with such collapse will likely render the planet a dust bowl ("They" die too lol). That some think we're somehow going to avoid that outcome by walking the same path verges on clinically insane.

Hence why it seems like a strange way to go about setting the world to rights when the path we're on is very much known given the evidence available.

If you want to know the future (where we're going), just have a look at our collective business projections... coz it's those little bits of data that made Today what Today is. Today was planned last year (and further out) to be exactly how it has turned out to be (more or less and covid aside), and we have last years (and further out) business projections to prove it.

So, history is forecast to repeat. The evidence in our collective business reports shows that out intention is to continue.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    https://www.rt.com/uk/518088-sadiq-khan-white-men-stem/

London mayor says unacceptable that 65% of engineers are white males. Guess he didn't see what diversity hiring has done for Boeing or certain bridge collapse projects....

When the world reopens stay the F&$@ off any new bridges or tall buildings in London....
    Go woke go broke....and go wobbly
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Scientists Politely Remind World That Clean Energy Technology Ready To Go Whenever

Response so far:

Thanks guys. Appreciate the heads up.

Just need a slight economic re-design this end fellas, then we'll be good to go too. Although we have a similar issue here in that we seem to be waiting on something more than an overwhelming scientific consensus before we move forwards. As this issue is somewhat outside of our remit, and not something that science can do anything about either, we've passed the issue on to our economists. They assure us that they had almost nailed the perfect economy after almost 5,000 years of playing with currencies and failing, and then Covid came along. We have agreed to the next steps as outlined by the economists. Apparently the economists have lined up a guy called Klaus. He comes highly recommended and knows how to reset things. We think he wants to reset the financial system to 1984, and so far most countries seem to be happy to go along with it. We have our best agent sleeping with him at the moment, so once they know, we'll know and then you'll know. We're really excited this time. Keep up the good work.

Chur

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Scientists Politely Remind World That Clean Energy Technology Ready To Go Whenever

Response so far:

Thanks guys. Appreciate the heads up.

Just need a slight economic re-design this end fellas, then we'll be good to go too. Although we have a similar issue here in that we seem to be waiting on something more than an overwhelming scientific consensus before we move forwards. As this issue is somewhat outside of our remit, and not something that science can do anything about either, we've passed the issue on to our economists. They assure us that they had almost nailed the perfect economy after almost 5,000 years of playing with currencies and failing, and then Covid came along. We have agreed to the next steps as outlined by the economists. Apparently the economists have lined up a guy called Klaus. He comes highly recommended and knows how to reset things. We think he wants to reset the financial system to 1984, and so far most countries seem to be happy to go along with it. We have our best agent sleeping with him at the moment, so once they know, we'll know and then you'll know. We're really excited this time. Keep up the good work.

Chur
    Morning.
    Just a word of warning. I wouldn't put too much belief in that Santa Klaus chap.

Think that he started a scheme whereby if you made a wish each year (and you'd been well behaved all year - and paid in your financial contribution), then at Christmas he granted you your wish. But it never seemed to turn out so. I've been wishing for all sorts of different things for years, but all I seemed to end up with were socks. And when I complain(ed) about it, our older son just says "socks to be you".

So, as I said, I wouldn't put too much belief in this Klaus chap.

Next thing you know, he'll come up with a (green) scheme to upgrade the propulsion system on his sleigh, raise an IPO and solicit funding. You've been warned.

....... Or have I got the wrong Klaus ?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Morning.
    Just a word of warning. I wouldn't put too much belief in that Santa Klaus chap.

Think that he started a scheme whereby if you made a wish each year (and you'd been well behaved all year - and paid in your financial contribution), then at Christmas he granted you your wish. But it never seemed to turn out so. I've been wishing for all sorts of different things for years, but all I seemed to end up with were socks. And when I complain(ed) about it, our older son just says "socks to be you".

So, as I said, I wouldn't put too much belief in this Klaus chap.

Next thing you know, he'll come up with a (green) scheme to upgrade the propulsion system on his sleigh, raise an IPO and solicit funding. You've been warned.

....... Or have I got the wrong Klaus ?
    heh... Yeah I think you're thinking of Claus. The Klaus guy has a green new deal too.

Bike
    I Ride No More
    heh... Yeah I think you're thinking of Claus. The Klaus guy has a green new deal too.
    Yes, sorry, my mistake. I was thinking of Sinterklaas (the wife is Dutch).

Assume that this article identifies the chap that you were referring to:

https://viableopposition.blogspot.co...ic-forums.html

Thread Information