Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto GP 2022

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Now that was a fucking race. As was Moto2, I'll refrain from talking about Moto2 for a few days in case some still need to catch up.

Fabio came from many moons back from that one, huge shame for Aleix not to have had the chance to win there, but awesome to see him carve up the field. Assen is a real riders track so you always get a good race there, not as mad as when the tyres were extra shit and they were being controlled by Dovi for pace but still an awesome race. So many good rides through out but when you think of Assen you think Yamaha, and they got zero points... That's the state of them right now it seems, maybe Maverick was on to something when he jumped ship?

Maverick will podium at Silverstone I think, Fabio is up for a shit race there so hopefully Aleix can claw back a few more points, time will tell.

5 weeks off

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Got up 6am to watch.

Anyone that doubted Aleix he certainly shut them up with that race.
    That last corner move was awesome.
    I just hope the difference isn't 9 points or under that would be hard for him to take.
    I also think he has a lot to do with MV's success and the ethos in the team.

A costly error from Fabio plus a penalty for the next race.
    Why the heck he went back out just to crash again I cant understand.
    You should see the conspiracy theories on social media

Yep Autech 5 weeks yes far far to long.
    Thanks mate Moto 2 tonight.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    ahhhh woke up to the results.
    #20 a bad day and probably the British GP fucked up for him, after the break?
    Dovis' great isn't he ? most of the new bunch make him look average, retire for 2023 for my bet ?

But as I'm one race behind,I loved the Sachenring result.
    My Fav Yamaha showing what he can do when he's clear of the others.
    (My fav cos Vale has gone ! ).
    There are still races where he can win his second World Title .

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Got up 6am to watch.

Anyone that doubted Aleix he certainly shut them up with that race.
    That last corner move was awesome.
    I just hope the difference isn't 9 points or under that would be hard for him to take.
    I also think he has a lot to do with MV's success and the ethos in the team.

A costly error from Fabio plus a penalty for the next race.
    Why the heck he went back out just to crash again I cant understand.
    You should see the conspiracy theories on social media

Yep Autech 5 weeks yes far far to long.
    Thanks mate Moto 2 tonight.
    I cant understaand why he went out again.It looked as though he came in to ask if he should keep going..didnt take much persuading to go out again. He could so easily have hurt himself in that second crash!

Bike
    Nowt any more

Jake Dixon - oops, cameras were on mate

I notice none of you trainspotters have commented on Jakes, umm, outburst (?) up in the podium ante-room after the race, to Augusto about another rider (I'll leave it up to you to find out who).
    It may have gone unnoticed by the team as it was a little indistinct and in English, but I am sure someone will point it out to them.
    Not really the thing to say in that space.
    I wonder if he even knows whether Augusto is mates with him or not. I've no idea, but they are both Spanish, so who knows?
    A race team is a very small place to go saying things like that, in front of a global audience.
    I wonder if he had his arse kicked by the team?
    TBF, I didn't notice the incident he was talking about.

Anyway, roll on Jerez this weekend for JuniorGP.
    Cormac Racing in ETC.
    Races are live on the JuniorGP YouTube channel. One on Sat (Sunday morning) one on Sunday (Monday morning NZT).
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    I cant understaand why he went out again.It looked as though he came in to ask if he should keep going..didnt take much persuading to go out again. He could so easily have hurt himself in that second crash!
    He was fiddling with his clutch lever, and to me it looked like he got them to quickly check it was ok and maybe to tell them he was ok and thought he could continue?

I'm guessing he was trying to make sure he would lose as few points as possible.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Fabio said in an interview that what happened was he came in to quit but the team sent him back out because they thought it might rain and give him a chance to catch up some points.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Summer break is like 5 wks ? !!! long wait for the fans too....

Haven't ridden myself for 6 wks ! bit grumpy, too wet or too cold lately !!!

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Friday and Sunday were good riding days down here?

Fabulous said in another interview (or was it in my head when he speaks to me?) - that he felt really bad about the first crash, but to prove he was really contrite he needed to throw himself at the ground a 2nd time, but harder.

Atonement achieved, normal service will continue.

Aleix rode like Vale of old through the field. Am I allowed to say that?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Summer break is like 5 wks ? !!! long wait for the fans too....

Haven't ridden myself for 6 wks ! bit grumpy, too wet or too cold lately !!!
    Me either... or well, I rode 3km from old rental to new house 2 weeks ago.. then tore the ligaments in my knee and forearms moving house - so no riding for me for 6 weeks.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    Me either... or well, I rode 3km from old rental to new house 2 weeks ago.. then tore the ligaments in my knee and forearms moving house - so no riding for me for 6 weeks.
    Oh bugger mate know how ya feel. I've been nursing my right leg, (which has been fucked for years) Heeps of squash, ran marathons (2),but lots of running !
    The doc went down the track,oh you need a replacement !!!?? (27 grand !!!) I knew it was the same old knee,but I had a "bakers syst" or some such and walking funny, I had stretched the Calf and achillies !
    Anyway I was correct and the thing is coming right with Profens and stretching etc etc...
    Riding was the main concern lol.
    Thank you doctor google !!!!!!! lol.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    I notice none of you trainspotters have commented on Jakes, umm, outburst (?) up in the podium ante-room after the race, to Augusto about another rider (I'll leave it up to you to find out who).
    It may have gone unnoticed by the team as it was a little indistinct and in English, but I am sure someone will point it out to them.
    Not really the thing to say in that space.
    I wonder if he even knows whether Augusto is mates with him or not. I've no idea, but they are both Spanish, so who knows?
    A race team is a very small place to go saying things like that, in front of a global audience.
    I wonder if he had his arse kicked by the team?
    TBF, I didn't notice the incident he was talking about.

Anyway, roll on Jerez this weekend for JuniorGP.
    Cormac Racing in ETC.
    Races are live on the JuniorGP YouTube channel. One on Sat (Sunday morning) one on Sunday (Monday morning NZT).
    Goes back and watched the race which was darn good.

Ai's 2nd placing after his wobbles early on dropping back to 16th was awesome.

Jakes comment 'we dont get on he's a c...t' Id imagine an arse kicking from the boss was had.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Goes back and watched the race which was darn good.

Jakes comment 'we dont get on he's a c...t' Id imagine an arse kicking from the boss was had.
    I got a warning on a faceache site recently.
    Offering the opinion that Sam Lowes was a Pom and falls down often !!!
    They called it hate speech FFS !
    Must admit I don't follow Moto2 much at all this year. (or Moto3 for that matter, tho root for Foggia).

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    I think this was reported on an earlier motogp thread, but good to read he was acquitted on all charges. Horrible for the guy he had to endure the allegations.
    https://www.superbikeplanet.com/mlad...ed-us-counsel/

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    I think this was reported on an earlier motogp thread, but good to read he was acquitted on all charges. Horrible for the guy he had to endure the allegations.
    https://www.superbikeplanet.com/mlad...ed-us-counsel/
    Yeah Sug , just reading all that !!!! two years its been going on.

Thread Information