Thread: Mean floods

Bike
    2004 Harley Davidson Deuse
    Blog Entries

Unhappy Mean floods

My Wife, Son and I are grateful to be alive.
    On Tuesday were missed our flight out on Brisbane, i ride with www.theredeemed.org and was quite keen to bring the crew over to Brisbane.
    We would of done some riding with the Tribe of Judah a christian bike group in Kingston, Brisbane.
    If we did come we would stay at www.australianmotorcyclemuseum.com.au these guys dont only have a great bike museum but also have biking groups staying on site.
    Anyway those dreams quickly disappeared as we awoke on tuesday morning to the rain absolutely teaming down like i have never seen before.
    My mother in law was yelling at me to get inside as lighting was striking everywhere, i have never heard thunder so loud.
    The road was quickly covered and became a river, the causeway next to the house became a raging river.
    The Bridge up our road over a faint stream was violently washed away,it was a nightmare.
    We had just seen on the news how our neibours in Toowoomba got dealt too, and i wasnt a happy camper.
    I ripped the wheels of my motherinlaws ride on and removed her spare wheel from her ford.
    Arthur her 70 yr old one legged byfriend gave me several of his belts and i tied these to the tyres.
    McIVOR at work, well at least the family could have closure, if they found our bodies tied to these tyres.
    Well the raised house was totally surrounded by water, when the rain stopped.
    Just a few km away families were rescued from their rooftops,a 4 yr old gifl was sweeped away as rescuers failed to rescue her.
    Her Mother was saved from the ordeal, but her daughter drowned.
    In TOTAL 12 People have been confirmed as dead, 50 are sill missing.
    Brisbane is right now in total choas.
    I dont know how long i will be stuck here as many of the roads are under water, and bridges are down.
    I am soooo glad i got a very cool RIDE in to cementy circuit before i left, as it maybe sometime before i get back on my bike.

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries

Support oh crap

Hang in there Anthony, you will be there for a reason!

I have family in Brisbane & have had no contact for days, getting a bit concerned now with the news video's showing brisbane & surrounding areas looking like a war zone.
    bikes and babes are best naked

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    MONEYI don't have any
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I found I had a fluffy seam when my crotch got wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    2009 Honda CB400
    To give you a bit of a scare, search 'Toowoomba Floods' on Youtube.

I'm just south of Brisbane, out of the way of the floods and I'd like to reassure you Jafar that Brisbane City currently hasn't had any casualties. Most (if not all) deaths were from Toowoomba, Murpheys Creek, Darling Downs, and a few from the city of Ipswich. Power has been cut to Brisbane and I'd imagine landlines are down, too.

If you've got any family here that you need contacted I'm happy to give them a call on a mobile to pass on any requests or messages.

75% of the state of Queensland is currently a declared disaster zone. Thankfully NZ has sent a number of Civil Defense volunteers and have pledged members of the military. That assistance is greatly appreciated.

The latest update states "‎11,900 homes inundated in Brisbane. 14,799 partially flooded. 5000 businesses flooded or affected".

If you're on Facebook, this link will take to to a section of the Queensland Police Service that has maps of flood affected areas by suburb name - if you know the addresses of any loved ones over here.
    http://www.facebook.com/QueenslandPo...pp_10442206389

Thread Information