Page 883 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 38378383387388188288388488589393398313831883 ... LastLast
Results 13,231 to 13,245 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TZ400
    The excessive intellect and or overly retarded will state the obvious and think its clever.
    Subtlety is the realm of the thoughtful.
    Problem lies in deciding what end of the spectrum one fits best to Frits.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Retarded.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	290752

Bike
    82 IT 175

This is what happens when Flettner has no freeview.

Bike

Name:	Cylinder core.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	290754

They are looking good, I have my hat in the ring for a 100cc version of the casting.

Bike
    CBR/FXR
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Cool. Have you ever had it apart? I had a Yohsi pipe that was straight through. But it had a little ring in the middle to push air around into the second perf. I removed the ring and the second perf and what do you know. No more reversion hole. Also you could try dropping the bottom of the Header 2-3mm from the bottom of the port (mismatch the port to header). I have also done this and it seams to be an improvement. Leave top and sides of the pipe flush or a tiny bit bigger than the exhaust port. Or of course it could be something different. my 2 cents.
    Thanks Rich,

I am going after it. Will start with the muffler, then I like the header idea, and easy to trial. In simple terms I guess we are just trying to alter the natural frequency of the header. The header is not huge at the outlet, but bigger than stock and matched to the port.

As an aside, Max's FXR engine (the Stu Hines build), is mildly ported and has a standard FXR header (with the weld ground out) that goes to an open exhaust/expansion chamber and as we know that is not too shabby!

Bike
    Now that I have found a good calibration file that runs both injectors things are starting to fall into place.

Name:	EFI Test Bench 2 001.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	260.0 KB 
ID:	290756

I spent the afternoon using the oscilloscope to check and adjust the crossover and the minimum width between pulses of the injectors so they were in balance at peak rpm and getting everything done in about 180 degrees before transfer closing at any rpm up to 14,000.

Name:	Injection.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	259.5 KB 
ID:	290755

To get my head around it all I drew a picture of an injector pulse.

Name:	EFI Test Bench 3 001.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	290757

And marked out all the relevant timing events like transfer port opening/closing and marked out how many degrees the crank moved at different rpm for 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 ms.

With ProCal running and the oscilloscope I could easily see at what RPM and TPS the injectors swapped from 1 to 2 and then 2 + 1. By making changes in the advanced calibrations menu I could influence when this happened and keep everything within about 180 degrees before the end point at transfers closing.

The Ecotrons EFI system allows you to set the end point and the EFI cpu works out how early to start the injection pulse. So with the endpoint set at transfer closing the injector pulse will mostly happen during the transfer open period.

It is certainly much easier dialing in this part of the setup on the bench with a signal generator and oscilloscope than on the dyno.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post

Name:	Cylinder core.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	290754

They are looking good, I have my hat in the ring for a 100cc version of the casting.
    If the sleeve thing doesn't work, we will just lower the exhaust ports and re cast as an FOS cylinder.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    If the sleeve thing doesn't work, we will just lower the exhaust ports and re cast as an FOS cylinder.
    Great stuff ....... this is really exciting Bucket building.

Bike

Name:	EFI Test Bench 4 001.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	239.0 KB 
ID:	290772

Ok ... we now run on two injectors.

But having climbed one hill I have found another behind it.

I set the start =1 - after start =0 and warmup factors =0 so they would be neutral.

For some reason the universal calibration adjustment has quite an effect while the same magnitude of change made to the Load Map does not have the same effect.

I think there must be some other map bending factors in the Advanced menu that need setting to zero too.

And also there is a peculiar problem that Speedpro mentioned, earthing the case of the EFI's CPU causes the Laptop to lose contact with the CPU and the motor starts grinding to a stop, starts straight up when the CPU's case is isolated again.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Glad I'm not trial blazing that path. I'm having enough drama remembering to set program auto on the Ignitech when trying to set the base. Just cut a woodruff key as got sick of trying to find top or 15and then re timing. But I missed the first time. Bah.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    And also there is a peculiar problem that Speedpro mentioned, earthing the case of the EFI's CPU causes the Laptop to lose contact with the CPU and the motor starts grinding to a stop, starts straight up when the CPU's case is isolated again.
    My fuel pump was erratic and mainly would not run at start.

My understanding is that the universal calibration adjustment multiplies the result of all the map values and any other multiplication factors so it can have a HUGE effect. The other multiplication factors like "warmup" only multiply the values active in the table. Those table values may also be multiplied by a 2nd factor and then added to that previously calculated value. The 2nd multiplication factor does not multiply the result of the 1st calculation.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    I was hoping your sleeve thing would work, but what should I hope for now?

You know, I followed the same line of thought, starting with the full circumferential porting of a uniflow cylinder and then trying to eliminate the excess mechanics by pulling the exhaust end of the barrel inside out like a sock, so the piston could take over the sleeve's task.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    My understanding is that the universal calibration adjustment multiplies the result of all the map values and any other multiplication factors so it can have a HUGE effect. The other multiplication factors like "warmup" only multiply the values active in the table. Those table values may also be multiplied by a 2nd factor and then added to that previously calculated value. The 2nd multiplication factor does not multiply the result of the 1st calculation.
    On mine there is also a bottom mid and top rpm enrichment/enleanment factor that looks like its for bending the curve. I will have to have an explore to see what they do exactly and if they are the problem.

It makes sense that there are different .cal files that come with different numbers and types of variables to chose from, for 4T 2T supercharged etc. There are also different .A2L files, and I suspect these contain the EFI programs algorithm and are configured by Ecotrons to match the hardware they are shipping.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    The A2L files are the operating programme for the Motorola processor, I think.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Here's race one:

I'll load up race two over night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    And race 2

Jolly good weekend.

Richbans vid from Tokoroa ... great to see the other bikes and a neat piece of riding by Rich as he works his way up through the field.

Name:	Tokoroa 1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	593.0 KB 
ID:	290831

Team ESE riders 3rd and 4th in this photo, Richban is working his way through traffic to catch the lead group.

Taken from ChrisC's photo thread. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1130648134

Thread Information