Page 43 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    As of Dec 4 2020

1,298,455 Total tests

2219 positive test results

139 (estimated based on 6.3% in previous data of 1600/80 approx) Hospitalised

25 dead

WHY is it SO HARD to find the data on how many people in NZ NEEDED hospital treatment for this.
    This number has to be actively suppressed as ALL the other data comes up very EASY in searches.
    The answer is so people don’t ask WHY are we scared.
    Can you imagine a Pandemic being declared of the PM said oh by the way 93% of you that actually manage to contract the virus won’t need to go to hospital just stay home and rest.
    Nothing else matters the maths tells the story, especially post lockdown any new cases should have spread massively as everyone suddenly enjoyed a watered down form of freedom.
    And just think of all those Asymptomatic cases in the 3,800,000 people that have NOT been tested...
    There should be another 6600 odd positive cases, another 400 extra in hospital and another 75 people dead, where are they????

Well I was right, mainstream press and health fept admit we never got to zero cases as shown by my maths. You’d think a decent journalist would have spotted that by now for themselves...
    I do live how they just conveniently dismiss the undetected cases and the lovely miracle they didn’t cause other outbreaks..,,

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/healt...robably-a-myth
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    This is simply not good enough, Jacinda and team need a kick in the arse.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300...ck-of-guidance

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    This is simply not good enough, Jacinda and team need a kick in the arse.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300...ck-of-guidance
    HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE OUR SUPREME LEADER JACINDA.
    Jacinda is doing her best your NZ in these UNPRECEDENTED circumstances, Jacinda is our single source or truth, Jacinda is our Covid expert. She knows all the right decisions to make and the best decisions e to give based on current knowledge of the UNPRECEDENTED virus.
    Jacinda has done a supreme UNPRECEDENTED job of saving NZ, how dare you critique her in these a UNPRECEDENTED times.

That article sums up loser attitudes of a handout society waiting for instruction.... Jesus h Christ in a disaster you don’t wait for orders from HQ you use your initiative as the first photo caption says. I’ve deliberately ignored all the fear mongering covid news but even I’ve heard enough snippets to know you close your doors, deep clean premises and have staff self isolate or tested etc... not fkn rocket science....

Bye this sick lady has had virus for two weeks been mobile and not dead, sounds lot like a cold or flu but I could be wrong... Shows the folly of contact tracing, it DOESNT stop virus, people are calling her a super spreader for having a life but she’s been a perfect team player pointlessly scanning ... didn’t stop her getting sick did it... I’d LOVE to see someone extrapolate the potential number of exposed people vs how many actually contract the virus via this woman. Guarantee you won’t hear BO PEEP out of media on that angle.... this would be a perfect case study of a patient zero scenario....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    How on earth does the logic in your head work?

She probably caught it in MIQ towards the end of her tenure and developed symptoms some while later from what they are suggesting.

So are you really gauging the efficacy of the virus on the case study of ONE woman? Really? Really??..
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Shows the folly of contact tracing, it DOESNT stop virus, people are calling her a super spreader for having a life but she’s been a perfect team player pointlessly scanning ... didn’t stop her getting sick did it... I’d LOVE to see someone extrapolate the potential number of exposed people vs how many actually contract the virus via this woman. Guarantee you won’t hear BO PEEP out of media on that angle.... this would be a perfect case study of a patient zero scenario....
    Contract tracing is not folly. It works.

Scanning isn't pointless, but how exactly would it stop anybody getting sick?

They are trying to work out how many people have contracted the virus from this woman, so far it seems the answer is none.
    There is a press conference shortly which may, or may not, change that.

Vaccines don't stop people spreading the disease. Non symptomatic vaccinated sufferers can still spread the virus through their breath.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Vaccines don't stop people spreading the disease. Non symptomatic vaccinated sufferers can still spread the virus through their breath.
    Vaccines do stop people from spreading diseases when enough people are vaccinated as it breaks the cycle of infection, also the fact that it stops over 60% of people catching it stops the spread less infected people less vectors.
    Interesting how those proponents of herd immunity cant see how it works the same and both need high levels to achieve the result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Vaccines do stop people from spreading diseases when enough people are vaccinated as it breaks the cycle of infection,
    Your comment is correct as far as it goes but you missed the point. The vaccine does not sterilise nostrils. This comment was made by a Pfizer rep explaining why masks will be required for some time after the population has been vaccinated.

Mike Hosking has been banging on about vaccine passports. He seems to be assuming that people are immune once vaccinated. That's not the case, they can both catch the virus and spread it after being vaccinated.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Blog Entries
    This is something they said they were still unsure of a little while back. I'd like to read up if you have a reputable link.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    This is something they said they were still unsure of a little while back. I'd like to read up if you have a reputable link.
    Assuming it's my comment you're asking about? I heard it in a podcast months ago. I can't even be sure which of the pocasts I listen to it might have been, but supect it was an episode of "The New Abnormal". There was an interview with a scientist, it was he who said "It doesn't sterilise your nostrils." I've looked back through the episode titles without success. A deeper dive may produce results. *

Meantime there's this which has similar information. There's also various Pfizer and other medical FAQs and information sheets that refer to the need for continued precautions.

https://abc7ny.com/covid-vaccine-mas...fizer/9139874/

And so it came to pass. Podcast "The New Abnormal" 10 November 2020

If you haven't got an hour to listen to the whole show what follows is the precise of the interview.

"In happier news, famed scientist and physician Eric Topol says the early results about the new COVID vaccine really are a ray of hope. He believes it might even be a so-called “superhuman vaccine… meaning it’s even more powerful than the typical human response,” he tells Molly. “We could see the virus having a hard time finding people to infect by mid-year… This virus will probably be endemic. It'll be here for years. But it's just going to have a harder time finding people.” But don’t throw out your masks or anything, he warns. “They're going to be really important in 2021… First of all, the vaccines, when we talk about 90% efficacy, that's against pneumonia or getting your body infected with illness, it doesn't sterilize the upper respiratory tract. That is the nose. And so you could be a carrier of the virus. You’re going to have to wear a mask because you won't know if the virus is sitting” in your nose. So, not back to normal any time soon. But we’ll take it."

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Interesting, heres what I took from that

". . . Here's what the studies don't yet show. They haven't looked at whether the vaccine prevents someone from carrying COVID-19 and spreading it to others. It's possible that someone could get the vaccine but could still be an asymptomatic carrier.. . . "

So best to assume that is the case and wait for studies to confirm or alleviate that risk.

Oh but the gummermint is trying to control me by making me blah blah. Sure. The powers that be want to make you harder to identify thus controlling you. That makes sense

Bike
    husaberg
    Assuming it's my comment you're asking about? I heard it in a podcast months ago. I can't even be sure which of the pocasts I listen to it might have been, but supect it was an episode of "The New Abnormal". There was an interview with a scientist, it was he who said "It doesn't sterilise your nostrils." I've looked back through the episode titles without success. A deeper dive may produce results. *

Meantime there's this which has similar information. There's also various Pfizer and other medical FAQs and information sheets that refer to the need for continued precautions.

https://abc7ny.com/covid-vaccine-mas...fizer/9139874/

And so it came to pass. Podcast "The New Abnormal" 10 November 2020

If you haven't got an hour to listen to the whole show what follows is the precise of the interview.

"In happier news, famed scientist and physician Eric Topol says the early results about the new COVID vaccine really are a ray of hope. He believes it might even be a so-called “superhuman vaccine… meaning it’s even more powerful than the typical human response,” he tells Molly. “We could see the virus having a hard time finding people to infect by mid-year… This virus will probably be endemic. It'll be here for years. But it's just going to have a harder time finding people.” But don’t throw out your masks or anything, he warns. “They're going to be really important in 2021… First of all, the vaccines, when we talk about 90% efficacy, that's against pneumonia or getting your body infected with illness, it doesn't sterilize the upper respiratory tract. That is the nose. And so you could be a carrier of the virus. You’re going to have to wear a mask because you won't know if the virus is sitting” in your nose. So, not back to normal any time soon. But we’ll take it."
    Sorry pritch i am struggling with that one as flu and other vaccines do exactly this.
    without widespread people infected it isn't going to be inhabiting our bodies.

It relies on a reservoir host to replicate.
    more people with resistance equal's fewer people to infect
    Also generally, the virus gets less deadly as new strains emerge as a virus cant replicate successfully if it quickly kills the host.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...wouldn't a vaccine that stopped herd stupidity be great,,,I'm sure fizzer are working on one but I bet it wouldn't be pushed on the general populace let alone funded...couldn't reign without a stupid populace, could they...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Sorry pritch i am struggling with that one as flu and other vaccines do exactly this.
    without widespread people infected it isn't going to be inhabiting our bodies.

It relies on a reservoir host to replicate.
    more people with resistance equal's fewer people to infect
    Also generally, the virus gets less deadly as new strains emerge as a virus cant replicate successfully if it quickly kills the host.
    Yeah you're right, you're looking at the big picture. He's right too, he's talking person to person and why you should wear a mask even if vaccinated.

Bike
    husaberg
    Yeah you're right, you're looking at the big picture. He's right too, he's talking person to person and why you should wear a mask even if vaccinated.
    i get that but foer sure, but if enough people vaccinated the virus cant survive as it limits the number of hosts, person to person needs to be infected and lots of people at risk of infection, if enough people are vaccinated the virus dies out.
    What he's suggesting relies on the virus being widespread in the atmosphere. that just doesn't happen without a large number of infected people shedding the virus.
    It's a minor risk factor.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yeah but they are saying until then​ people should still mask if community cases present.

Thread Information