Page 1791 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 7911291169117411781178917901791179217931801184118912291 ... LastLast
Results 26,851 to 26,865 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Bultaco Metralla GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Carel H View Post
    ...So there are hundreds of owners, racing against each other in complete secrecy...
    I like the idea of a secret society holding clandestine race meetings on tracks built in disused underground salt mines... to maintain secrecy, all discussions about these meetings take place under the protection of the Cone of Silence...

Bike
    CBX125F NS50F NS90F NS-1
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    They look past their best but turn it up an enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D37POA11KY

They were past their best as soon as Layne died.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I think they got better. They just look old.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Check out my YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    2015 Avanti
    Anything different apart from removing the rotary valve? Look forward to further testing and video's. Thanks for sharing.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb View Post
    Anything different apart from removing the rotary valve? Look forward to further testing and video's. Thanks for sharing.
    Nothing different. I literally just assembled it without the valve.
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    2015 Avanti
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    Nothing different. I literally just assembled it without the valve.
    I like your video, it was like you assembled the engine late at night and forgot to put the rotary valve in. Thanks for the reply.

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    so... with no crankcase compression.. it starts? or am i reading this wrong.. or is it the carb slide which now controls closing off the crankcase to some extent? 24/7...will it perform under load?

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by JanBros View Post
    before you can be "on the pipe", you need combustion in the cylinder to make the pipe work. so when trying to start there will be no combustion unless you find a way to force mixture in the cylinder.
    JanBros, thanks for reply...have you seen Agnes video... how is this possible? an excess of fuel already in the transfers? should he have purged the engine prior to trying to start? is the pull on the pipe sufficient to draw fuel up the transfers to start the engine... interesting.

Bike
    Suzuki TS250R 1997
    @adegnes - This is very interesting! I would have never believed neither, it would even start without the rotary valve.
    Maybe I should try anyways a few test runs without reeds (minarelli am6 engine), just to keep it as simple as possible just because I'm suspecting the reed valve is causing a bottle neck on the engine currently.. after I've fixed the clutch and done engine case modifications.

What uncorrected compression ratio you are currently using?
    The nitromethane(?) test caught my interest, and had thought there would be far better gains on power.
    Since atleast on E85 fuel I've had some great gains on power... methanol would be interesting to try out, but costs way too much (add the fuel consumation, and it'll be close to four times more expensive than on E85).
    ---------
    I have been thinking about the minarelli am6 engine case design.. the reed valve is directed to crankshaft, and the reed duct (not sure if right word for this..) is quite small. Compared to Derbi engines (EBS050 and D50B0).
    I've never tried to port it AND test what happens to power curve. Only done it the same time, when I've ported the cylinder more and have had the cases seperated.

Until now. I hadn't done anything else for the cases, but ported the transfer duct entries. Because of clutch problems, I had to disassemble the engine and thought why not try and see what happens if I re-direct the reed duct and make it a bit larger (going to use CR80 reed valve next time).
    No other modifications, so it should be very clear what it causes.
    I do have a feeling it won't have any effect on power, when it's running on the pipe - but on lower revs probably less power because the crankcase volume increases.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb View Post
    I like your video, it was like you assembled the engine late at night and forgot to put the rotary valve in. Thanks for the reply.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    so... with no crankcase compression.. it starts? or am i reading this wrong.. or is it the carb slide which now controls closing off the crankcase to some extent?
    Yep, tho there might be some compression caused by, as you say, the carb slide restricting flow.
    First I was expecting it to not start at all, when it did I was expecting it to die immediately when I touched the throttle.
    Well as you saw it didn't.
    If further testing show that this actually works, and makes the same or even more power than with a valve, I'm not looking back.

I have the engine modeled in engmod and can post dimensions, volumes etc.
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    JanBros, thanks for reply...have you seen Agnes video... how is this possible? an excess of fuel already in the transfers? should he have purged the engine prior to trying to start? is the pull on the pipe sufficient to draw fuel up the transfers to start the engine... interesting.
    Maybe the upside down cylinder works to my advantage?
    It was actually purged before I tried starting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Juho_ View Post
    @adegnes - This is very interesting!
    indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Juho_ View Post
    What uncorrected compression ratio you are currently using?
    The nitromethane(?) test caught my interest, and had thought there would be far better gains on power.
    Since atleast on E85 fuel I've had some great gains on power... methanol would be interesting to try out, but costs way too much (add the fuel consumation, and it'll be close to four times more expensive than on E85).
    I'll have check my notes, but I think it is about 1:1,3.
    I think there's far more to be had from the nitromethanol, remember all I've done so far is just a major upjet. Compression, ignition timing, pipe design etc. is unaltered.
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Ken, you looking at this?

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Ken, you looking at this?
    Fletto, absolutely. Well done Alex.

Aways wondered if this one actually ran or even started. (was a simple Ozzie mod to make a Beeza Bantam to put out more than 3 hp)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3528 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	701.9 KB 
ID:	332112Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3526.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	598.7 KB 
ID:	332113

Funny when one sees a reed valved 125 kart engine not even start/run properly when a reed tip has broken off. Maybe the starting was due to being cranked with an electric starter, whereas that muscly Alex was probably spinning his at well over 2k rpm at least. (Probably could have done more, but didn’t want to wake all his kiddies).

Maybe for KZ racing one could have a reed valve made with some material that would fail (eg a condom, preferably new ) that would pass thru the engine with no damage and then be 24/7 from then on, gaining its 5 hp.

So many things to try. 1 hour to go til the Moto GP starts, been a bit starved of late.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    A RV 2T running with no RV, that is truly epic --- --- very much looking forward to hearing if it's ridable.

Thread Information