Page 834 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 334734784824832833834835836844884934 ... LastLast
Results 12,496 to 12,510 of 16076

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Buying fasteners - if you're using a lot of one particular type, say M6 x 25 cap screws - I've found RadioSpares worth a look. Very sharp pricing per fastener as long as you don't mind buying 25 / 30 / 50 etc at a time.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Well price looks ok but

Ahh bugger, can't post direct. Try here. Enjoy.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328917...A1565384721765
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    1, 3, 15 of these, I don't think it's worth it

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...69902dd13e-004

Bike
    Blog Entries
    So does this just look like some sad old tourer that someone has taken parts off, then replaced a few trinkets off aliexpress?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...243665a3e1-007

I particularly like the muffler and the exquisite mounting system. Its fucking gold.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    So does this just look like some sad old tourer that someone has taken parts off, then replaced a few trinkets off aliexpress?

I particularly like the muffler and the exquisite mounting system. Its fucking gold.
    He says it 's a real hoot to ride. Think you'll find it's a peacock in the tank, not a fucking owl!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    2004 SV650S
    Compared to some of the abortions in this thread, it's not bad! I kinda like it . . .
    102° Rx = + /_\

Bike
    suzuki

spent $5k on it, really? those indicators wouldn't pass a warrant by someone who knew what the law was, wat too far forward.

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2

Yes. Yes, it does look quite a bit like that. That maltese cross taillight though... phew. That is badass.

Bike
    Ducati 748R
    Quote Originally Posted by OddDuck View Post
    Yes. Yes, it does look quite a bit like that. That maltese cross taillight though... phew. That is badass.
    Honestly, you guys are probably being abit harsh, it's not all bad .. atleast some effort has been made.

I could see how some cash has been dumped into it if he hasn't done it all by himself. 6k is probably the top end of the scale but not way out of the ballpark. Don't we all list stuff for a higher price then we want?

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    spent $5k on it, really? those indicators wouldn't pass a warrant by someone who knew what the law was, wat too far forward.
    wait, whut? My CB750 has the indicators pretty much exactly where those ones are... placed there by the loving hands of Mr Honda himself.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    wait, whut? My CB750 has the indicators pretty much exactly where those ones are... placed there by the loving hands of Mr Honda himself.
    45 degrees visible, to far forward for that to happen see figure (Figure 4-5-1) in the following document

https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt....ndicator-lamps

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    One key word there is " first registered" which is why my 1953 Tiger 100 I bought with lapsed rego is sitting in the back of the shed. Imported in 1999. I have to fill in lots of exemption form and get the VCC to approve it all. This country is strangled by excessive regulation.
    Opportunity for someone to do paperwork for you when you just can't be arsed dealing with Jobsworths and bureaucrats.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by layton View Post
    Honestly, you guys are probably being abit harsh, it's not all bad .. atleast some effort has been made.

I could see how some cash has been dumped into it if he hasn't done it all by himself. 6k is probably the top end of the scale but not way out of the ballpark. Don't we all list stuff for a higher price then we want?
    Its covered in nasty cheap bits. Black pipe wrap is a different look granted.

But look at the end of it. Its jammed into the $20 mufflers as the only sealing method. No clamps. They will fall off, but you probably won't notice as they are unlikely to be worthy of their name.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Its covered in nasty cheap bits. Black pipe wrap is a different look granted.

But look at the end of it. Its jammed into the $20 mufflers as the only sealing method. No clamps. They will fall off, but you probably won't notice as they are unlikely to be worthy of their name.
    Lol, I was thinking of this yesterday when on the opua ferry and we rode on behind Mr throttle blipper V Rod with no mufflers. He had 2 x4" muffler tips instead. When we got off at okiato point, matey and I gave him a wee break so we didn't have to be behind his racket, got a few corners up the road and one of his muffler tips was lying in the middle of the lane. Of course he hadn't come back to collect as he wouldn,t have noticed...
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Quote Originally Posted by layton View Post

Go through someone else's bad work once and generally people are pretty clear about not doing it twice...

Those mufflers will have significantly changed the way that the engine breathes. Carbs rejetted? Ad doesn't mention it.

Corrosion. The mufflers, brackets and bolts are not going to look good for long. Not with cheaply chromed steel, not in NZ winters.

Top end rebuilt. Beautiful... why? Is this preventative maintenance, sorting out wear, or did something go wrong?

Style. It's a mishmash. Digital and LCD instrumentation on a vintage looking bike, chopper / bobber cues on a cafe racer.

Of course there's the perennial problem with custom work: even if well done, it's utterly individual. What tickles person A's tastebuds may not work for persons B, C or D. The further you move away from the mainstream, the harder the bike gets to sell. That's just life, if you customise, fine, just do it in the knowledge that you're limiting your reselling market and therefore probably also your asking price. A customisation has to be near perfect in order to increase a bike's resale. The bike also has to be mechanically beyond suspicion. This is not something that Walt Siegel had a hand in, put it that way.

Thread Information