Page 2169 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 1169166920692119215921672168216921702171217922192269 ... LastLast
Results 32,521 to 32,535 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    husaberg
    Nor does the Detroit family.

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350
    I finally succeed with injection and ignition boards with functionality close to 3 time more expensive Megasquirt 2 Extra
    lite version for 1...4 cylinders
    normal for 1...8 cylinders
    At moment tested at -18...+80C on 4-stroke car engines
    Going make -40 or -60C version

Some pins layout written on Russian, will make English docs soon

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by 41juergen View Post
    Thank's for the help, unfortunately none would fit easy. So if the big end diameter is too small can I bore that up or is that hardened?
    if your talking about boring the hole in the crank wheel, that can be done as most cranks should have plenty of excess metal around the hole. ive got one bored 2mm larger if i recall. was couple years ago when i had it done. still holding together fine

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Mid this year in the Netherlands I had the privilege to catch up with one of our 2 stroke technical legends, Frits Overmars. During this day, we visited a couple of locals, Henri Tiben and Martijn Stehouwer, both who are up there in the 50/125 cc racing scene. Getting the idea that this sounds strong, I asked the question “how often could you ever race?”, the answer being “every weekend if we wanted to”. I guess the tyranny of distance is less of an issue over there.

Anyways, Frits very generously gave me a library of pics, all carefully catalogued into various companies. I say generously, as this collection is a product of many years of his association with, and just good old passion for, something we are all here for. The 2 stroke. Must say it was quite humbling.

However the generosity was not to just me, but everyone here. Being a bit of a slack arse and distracted of late (again), figured it’s time to get them out there. Turns out that getting 2.2 GB of pics out there is not completely simple, certainly well beyond Kiwibiker’s posting limit.

DropBox has a 2 Gb limit so that’s out, but Google Drive is our friend here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...of?usp=sharing

Enjoy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Australia.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	232.0 KB 
ID:	342940
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by lohring View Post
    A little turbo like the Garrett GT0632SZ Would be fun to experiment with.

Lohring Miller
    Curse you

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Mid this year in the Netherlands I had the privilege to catch up with one of our 2 stroke technical legends, Frits Overmars. During this day, we visited a couple of locals, Henri Tiben and Martijn Stehouwer, both who are up there in the 50/125 cc racing scene. Getting the idea that this sounds strong, I asked the question “how often could you ever race?”, the answer being “every weekend if we wanted to”. I guess the tyranny of distance is less of an issue over there.

Anyways, Frits very generously gave me a library of pics, all carefully catalogued into various companies. I say generously, as this collection is a product of many years of his association with, and just good old passion for, something we are all here for. The 2 stroke. Must say it was quite humbling.

However the generosity was not to just me, but everyone here. Being a bit of a slack arse and distracted of late (again), figured it’s time to get them out there. Turns out that getting 2.2 GB of pics out there is not completely simple, certainly well beyond Kiwibiker’s posting limit.

Enjoy

Name:	Australia.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	232.0 KB 
ID:	342940
    Nice!!!!!!

Bike
    Monark -57(50cc moped), KTM 200EXC
    ...our 2 stroke technical legends, Frits Overmars...

This is pure gold!
    A big big thank you, Frits! And Ken of course.

Very happy that I took the time to catch up the approx 600 pages I was behind, haven’t been able to focus at 2-strokes for a while.

First reaction: I realized then (2-3 years ago) how much I have to learn...and now I have forgotten the main part of it and have to start over again.
    Second reaction: This place is, still, unique. And that goes for the people, knowledge, willingness to share...and the gags.

Will keep lurking around until I hopefully find the time to continue with my on “lawnmower level” moped engine from the past and have something to share that maybe someone can take something from.
    Even if it’s “what not to do” it can be very informative I have learned...

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by ceci View Post
    does a supercharged two stroke engine need the crank case?... I'm not sure since everyone supports the M6 minarelli project with turbo that uses the crank case.
    Don't let that Minarelli AM6 story fool you, Ceci. The world speed record obtained by the Buddfab team is well documentated; everybody has seen the pictures of their turbocharged engine, shown below once more. But there are one or two details that are less-known.
    1: They claimed 24 hp. We have several Freetech bikes around, producing that kind of power on regular petrol, without any kind of mechanical supercharging.
    2: For the actual world speed record they did not use the turbo-engine; they used a naturally-aspirating engine with a supplementary helping of nitrous oxide (last picture).

Name:	Buddfab-01.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	342948 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turbo-Minarelli.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	342947 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buddfab-02.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	342946 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buddfab+ lachgas.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	342945

Ken, I remember you having a petrol chat with Henri Tiben while I was busy updating Henri's dyno. I wonder what you told him....
    Anyway it worked: last week Henri became the 2019 European Freetech champion.

About that tyranny of distance: over here it's more a tyranny of proximity.
    Australia has a population density of 3,1 people per km².
    New Zealand is a bit more crowded, with 18 people/km².
    In the Netherlands we 'enjoy' 488 people/km², so we'll have to think twice about going for a test-ride, severely risking to have our bike confiscated by the Law.
    I lost a bike that way, before getting better acquainted with the local police who, although they always had to act on phone calls from angry residents, generously allowed for ten minutes delay on arrival, so I could make myself scarce before they turned up. That was 50 years ago (how time flies); life hasn't become any easier since then .

Bike
    1975 Hodaka Wombat
    The issue is can you get enough boost from a turbo to make up for the extra complication over a tuned pipe. You probably will need an intercooler as well. That's easy on boats. My thought was to run two center bleed pipes that feed the turbo for a compact arrangement on a 90 degree V twin. For those who want to play with a sim I've attached more details of the Garrett below. EngMod runs very slowly and needs a lot of iterations for me. Let me know how it works for you.

Lohring Miller

Name:	Garrett GT0632SZ.pdf 
Views:	77 
Size:	844.9 KB 
ID:	342949

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008

Thank you very much Frits.
    I always thought that the disbelief shown on Facebook about Roland Holzner's project was for not using the crankcase.
    But thanks to your statements I understand the basis of that distrust.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasL View Post
    This place is, still, unique. And that goes for the people, knowledge, willingness to share...and the gags. Will keep lurking around until I hopefully find the time to continue with my on “lawnmower level” moped engine from the past and have something to share that maybe someone can take something from.
    Even if it’s “what not to do” it can be very informative I have learned...

Name:	Worsening.gif 
Views:	164 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	342950

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post

Name:	Worsening.gif 
Views:	164 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	342950
    Actually, I searched for that quote of yours last week.
    My plan was to hang it at my office as a small reminder to my colleagues.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasL View Post
    Actually, I searched for that quote of yours last week.
    My plan was to hang it at my office as a small reminder to my colleagues.
    There's a lot more where this came from, thanks to Ken Seeber. go to https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...rNTk89_KgwgWof and download 'spreuken'.

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    I have made a mistake ?.
    it has to rotate compressor impeller more than the crankshaft

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    There's a lot more where this came from, thanks to Ken Seeber. go to https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...rNTk89_KgwgWof and download 'spreuken'.
    Will do for sure...have just reached the “Misc”-folder.
    Still A LOT of information to go through. Fantastic!

OT: Funny how many Dutch words that’s understandable to a Swede.

Thread Information