Bike
    Triple Delight

Arrow Sunday 22 November - Auckland

ACC LEVY HIKES -THINK AGAIN NICK SMITH!

Sunday Breakfast/Brunch anyone?

Where: Mission Bay

When: Sunday November 22

Time: 8:00am onwards

Fancy a coffee and a bite to eat, while keeping this ACC issue in the public face? Join us for coffee and breakfast at Mission Bay. Get in early and find yourself a carpark. Yes folks a carpark. Make sure you have change for the parking fees if any. One bike per park please. Then take a leisurely stroll to the nearest cafe and get a coffee and something to eat. Take your time, relax, enjoy your brunch.

Please find a park on the street front first, followed by the carpark opposite the Fish Pot Cafe, then moving down to the other one as numbers build. We will be assembling around the fountain to make a bit of noise, this will kick off at 8:30am. After the rebel rousing we will then be free to go and enjoy our brunch.

If we do it right, there wont be any parking for cars available, highlighting the fact that if these bastards tax us off the roads, we will be forced to "drive" a car, and there will be no parking available anywhere. We also will be supporting the local businesses so they are not disadvantaged because of this protest action.

At all times this will be a peaceful gathering, we are not out to upset anyone, we just want to make a point. Please ensure you do support the businesses after we have made our point. Talk to people about why we are so angry.

Bring your noise makers, this one is going to be LOUD!

Hand out leaflets to the general public letting them know we are fighting this fight for all of us, dont forget WHOS NEXT?

A few rousing rounds of our battle cry from time to time would not go amiss either.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...d.php?t=112770

Flyer in this post. Please print and distribute at liberty!

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...&postcount=143
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    Good plan!
    But can we get it defined a bit more please?
    If the turnout is to be small-ish do we need to make one area our own (so to speak)?
    Like the waterfront, or Ponsonby road?
    Not much of a city type myself, so where are the parking places we can make the biggest impact.

And I take it we get in the CBD early to score the parks and hold onto them for the 9am flurry of 'shoppers'?
    Blast From The Past Axis of Oil

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgyiti View Post
    Good plan!
    But can we get it defined a bit more please?
    If the turnout is to be small-ish do we need to make one area our own (so to speak)?
    Like the waterfront, or Ponsonby road?
    Not much of a city type myself, so where are the parking places we can make the biggest impact.

And I take it we get in the CBD early to score the parks and hold onto them for the 9am flurry of 'shoppers'?
    I dont live in the city, so I can not answer those questions, no doubt someone down that way can. But yes, get in early and take up the car parks. The Auckland CBD would be my first pic though, bigger exposure.
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Or outside National MPs electorate offices where they have parking outside and are 'In' on Saturday morning. A little less likely to just annoy the general public then.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    98 Honda Blackbird
    From "the peoples" perspective, they have probably read the headlines and feel as though the Govt has already about-turned, so in doing this you risk really pissing off the population.
    It was a canny move, actually. The Govt has effectively reduced our scope to cause further protest until more definitive decisions are taken.
    Having said that, I'd be there if I could. :-)

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Or outside National MPs electorate offices where they have parking outside and are 'In' on Saturday morning. A little less likely to just annoy the general public then.
    Hardly a visible protest though if a bunch of bikers park up in an empty carpark on a Sunday morning, nowhere to have brekkie either.

I am not that much bothered about annoying anyone except for the businesses that might potentially lose income if cars cant get in there. Look there is any amount of parking buildings in the city. The bloody cars can go and park there and walk a bit further than they would normally do. It is bikes taking up the spaces that is making the statement.

I can't make this on Saturday, I have already arranged to have coffee with several of my female biker friends at various places around the town
    Nonono,

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    I'm just thinking of a couple I've noticed on TV that are in shopping areas and appear to just have streetfront parking. Yeah, Saturday probably better than Sunday.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Triple Delight
    I have just got off the phone from Brooke at TV3. He rang me because he has heard about this and is keen to give it some publicity. How about we give him something to see folks?
    Nonono,

Bike
    Triple Delight
    TV 3 are running an item on this protest action in their mid-day news bulletin today!

Lets give them something to see!

Looking for your 15 minutes of fame? Here is your chance!
    Nonono,

Bike
    None - s'fucked
    What time Mom?? I may be able to put in an appearance (ladies, control yourselves)....

Mission Bay might be the go too - if we can clog the entire carpark by the beach and Tamaki Drive too. The shop owners might be keen to sell us brekkie too - make a change from the healthy joggers all along there.
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    Jrandom, You are such a woman hating cunt, if you weren't such a misogynist bastard you might have a better luck with women!

Bike
    XV 535
    Blog Entries
    I think mission bay would be a good Idea, all the main parking is visible from the shops and beach, its a very popular area on a weekend so If we get there early it's gonna cause alot of attention when people have nowhere to park that's close to the shops.
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    you dont get 180+ hp out of 998cc by being nice to trees.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully View Post
    What time Mom?? I may be able to put in an appearance (ladies, control yourselves)....

Mission Bay might be the go too - if we can clog the entire carpark by the beach and Tamaki Drive too. The shop owners might be keen to sell us brekkie too - make a change from the healthy joggers all along there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiflyer View Post
    I think mission bay would be a good Idea, all the main parking is visible from the shops and beach, its a very popular area on a weekend so If we get there early it's gonna cause alot of attention when people have nowhere to park that's close to the shops.
    Well now, I have just got off the phone from Radio NZ. They are going to send a reporter to cover the event live

Now we really need to get our act together and make some plans. I hear you about Mission Bay, that is a pig of a place for cars at the best of times. We would need a big turn out though to make it effective. Imagine all the parking taken up by bikes

We MUST spend some money while we are there though, I dont want to take money out of pockets.
    Nonono,

Bike
    XV 535
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    Well now, I have just got off the phone from Radio NZ. They are going to send a reporter to cover the event live

Now we really need to get our act together and make some plans. I hear you about Mission Bay, that is a pig of a place for cars at the best of times. We would need a big turn out though to make it effective. Imagine all the parking taken up by bikes

We MUST spend some money while we are there though, I dont want to take money out of pockets.
    Definatly, Mission bay is full of yum food, even a few bars. I'll have to borrow a bike for the mission bay one but I'd definatly be keen.
    It wouldn't have to be thaaaat many bikes just enough to line tamaki drive in mission bay and take up most of the coveted carpark across of the shops.

EDIT: of course if we get hundreds of bikes that'd be most excellent

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiflyer View Post
    Definatly, Mission bay is full of yum food, even a few bars. I'll have to borrow a bike for the mission bay one but I'd definatly be keen.
    It wouldn't have to be thaaaat many bikes just enough to line tamaki drive in mission bay and take up most of the coveted carpark across of the shops.

EDIT: of course if we get hundreds of bikes that'd be most excellent
    Ok, so how many people can you let know about this? Where is me mate PhantasmNZ?
    Nonono,

Bike
    XV 535
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    Ok, so how many people can you let know about this? Where is me mate PhantasmNZ?
    Quite a few I guess, yea we need the pamphlet maestro! I can print a few really budget quick ones off at work and put them round the bike parks in auckland CBD,

where and when?

Thread Information