Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Square Trust Rescue Helicopter fundraising ride

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Along with the Auckland ride organising this for

Palmerston North & the Square Trust Helicopter Rescue
    and awareness for the Cheesecutter Campaign

28 June 2008

Riders from all areas converge on Palmerston North Meet @ Phil Turnbulls Motorcycles 10.00am onwards (the square trust will run a sausage sizzle)

At 11.30am a ride out for several hours back to Palmerston North arriving back to Hangar base at Palmerston North Hospital.

Last edited by chanceyy; 5th May 2008 at 10:46. Reason: adding more details as they come to hand

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    This is the local offshoot of the Auckland one hi guys will update the main thread but

we are now riding the route in REVERSE:

we are now going Pahiatua Track, Mangamarie, State Highway 2, Turning left at Hamua turn left Rongamai back to Pahiatua turn left back towards the track, right turn towards Ballance, Left turn into Gorge back along Napier road & main st PN with final destination to be confirmed.

The Marshals & Novice/Newbie riders will head out 20 mins prior to the main bunch leaving

2 lead riders for the novice riders are Bonez & Banditrider
    Tail End Charlies for this group are BlackSheep & Paul (rgvrider)

The lead riders for the main Group are Cowboyz & 86GSXR
    Tail End Charlies are Rottiguy & myself

Marshal points, please note we require some experienced riders for these jobs plz, If we have enough marshals we will have at least two on each post (can chat while waiting for riders to come through, also several turns may require 3 esp the right turns involving hazards (state highways or Aokautere with poor visibility)

The Marshals & Novice/Newbie riders will head out 20 mins prior to the main bunch leaving

2 lead riders for the novice riders are Bonez & TBC
    Tail End Charlies for this group are BlackSheep & Paul (rgvrider)

The lead riders for the main Group are Cowboyz & 86GSXR
    Tail End Charlies are Rottiguy & myself

Marshal points, please note we require some experienced riders for these jobs plz, If we have enough marshals we will have at least two on each post (can chat while waiting for riders to come through, also several turns may require 3 esp the right turns involving hazards (state highways or Aokautere with poor visability)

point 1 right turn onto the Pahiatua Track (Meanie, Monie & .... )
    point 2 right turn at Mangamarie (Yod & Mrs Yod)
    point 3 right turn at State Highway 2 (Sinfull & Hedi)
    Point 4 left turn at Hamua corner (Oscarnz )
    Point 5 left turn at Rongamai (1 )
    point 6 right turn at Pahiatua (by BP garage) (Sarge, Mrs Blacksheep Caroline & daughter )
    Point 7 left turn at Pahiatua (Support Vehicle Jodi now U4ea )
    point 8 right turn over bridge cnr Mangahao & gorge rd (Horse)
    Point 9 Right turn cnr Post Office Rd & Gorge Rd (GSVR)
    Point 10 Left turn from Ballance to Gorge. (Support vehicle & several of the marshals)

regroup by Ballance Bridge for final ride to Palmerston North Via Gorge & Napier Rd to Main St, Right turn into Ruahine St to hospital & hangar base

we require volunteers Prior to the ride for:
    registration/Donation (Monamie & Oscarnz)
    Selling raffles
    getting signatures for cheesecutter campaign (Rob if able & ... )

a couple of experienced guys to assist with parking bikes at Turnbulls (getting as many bikes on site as possible)

if you can assist with any of the above jobs please pm me so i can update this post ..

Bike
    A few
    I'm in, god willing (not religeous but i'm praying i'm still riding) will drag in as many ppl as i can for the day and ya have my offer of any help i can give ya organising this here lil thang Sandra
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    Who gets the $10 and what does it fund?

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfull View Post
    I'm in, god willing (not religeous but i'm praying i'm still riding) will drag in as many ppl as i can for the day and ya have my offer of any help i can give ya organising this here lil thang Sandra
    Cheers Bill I will definately require help .. we will catch up at the cold duck & will outline some of my idea's .. Hopefully we will have riders from our way, wanganui across, Pahiatua & maybe the napier crew .. so if we can cover a large area & get a heap of riders out fantastic ..

I am thinking three or 4 loops that can be considered but it will be weather dependant as well, however some of the more experienced ppl in the area may come up with a good route
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyz View Post
    Who gets the $10 and what does it fund?
    all money collected will go to the square trust helicopter

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    is this the same one that the coast to coast raises money for?

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    yes I would assume so .. this is to coincide with the others around the country & to also raise awareness for the cheesecutter campaign at the same time

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    i have put it in my diary. who is making the route?

YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyz View Post
    who is making the route?
    that is something I am hoping to discuss with some of the crew .. esp those who are experienced at plotting maps .. (hint hint)

I have 4 routes in mind but I guess they will be weather dependant & given the short days would need to be 3 hours max to allow those from other areas get home at a reasonable hour

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by chanceyy View Post
    Cheers Bill I will definately require help .. we will catch up at the cold duck & will outline some of my idea's .. Hopefully we will have riders from our way, wanganui across, Pahiatua & maybe the napier crew .. so if we can cover a large area & get a heap of riders out fantastic ..

I am thinking three or 4 loops that can be considered but it will be weather dependant as well, however some of the more experienced ppl in the area may come up with a good route
    Here's one to get ya blood bubbling to start with !
    Cold duck is very comercial and there will be more riders than a bull can shit !
    Set a date prior to next week and get some flyers printed, (for a poker run perhaps ! On the date You rush to decide before next weekend lol) and i'll sort sponsoring of the prize for the run ! (ok i know fuck all ppl, but will put one on the line here ! We dont have to advertise the prize on such a flyer do we ? Mmmm would be a puller though Set of tyres or sim. would be good but for a cause like this it wont have to be a biggy (i'll get him/her pissed and take his/her bike for a ride ! Hell a few ideas here would be good)
    Wont be hard to swing the waipawa guys into letting us hand out at their rally ! Know of a few ppl who would help secretary on a poker run if there aint no-one on KB to put hands up (cant see it being a problem though)

Please add ideas here !!!
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    hmm Never done a poker run .. Might have to call in for coffee & discuss it ... you can outline how it works

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by chanceyy View Post
    Along with the Auckland ride organising this for Palmerston North & the Square Trust Helicopter Rescue 28 June 2008 - and awareness for the Cheesecutter Campaign

still a few details to be organised which I hope to get sorted in the next few days, However general plan

riders from all areas converge on Palmerston North (venue to be confirmed) 10.30 onwards

11.30 a ride out for several hours back to Palmerston North to second venue (to be confirmed)

This is the local offshoot of the Auckland one

It will be $10 to ride and I am hoping that we can draw enough attention to this ride .. I will have posters organised once i have details sorted .. I need riders from other areas getting the word out & put posters in shops etc ..

If anyone else has ideas or can lend a hand plz pm me ..

Hope we can get a great turn out .. & hopefully I can rope a few of the Ashhurst/Manawatu guys to assist with the ride out ...

Good stuff Chanceyy...
    Im picking the lower North Island bikers will be there in force to support this awesome event. Hawkes Bay pootlers should be able to join ya as well.
    Christchurch are underway with Dangerous and SuziQ leading the way....
    Taupo bikers can get to Hamilton easy enough...or Rotorua for that matter.

Bike
    A few
    royal flush wins !!
    But coffee all good anyway Sandra
    Show ya with a simple hand of strip poker !
    Will outline all the rules as we go along !

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Quote Originally Posted by maha man View Post
    Good stuff Chanceyy...
    Im picking the lower North Island bikers will be there in force to support this awesome event. Hawkes Bay pootlers should be able to join ya as well.
    Christchurch are underway with Dangerous and SuziQ leading the way....
    Taupo bikers can get to Hamilton easy enough...or Rotorua for that matter.
    Cheers Mark .. will see wot format this is taking & get in touch with venue locations to discuss further

&

I have someone in mind to handle the cheesecutter campaign side of things .. will wait for their response first

Thread Information