Page 804 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 304704754794802803804805806814854904 ... LastLast
Results 12,046 to 12,060 of 16076

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Didn't notice until first oil change. It's hardly a selling point.
    it definetly was, people still go on about have an ex race bike, i remember being in the shop and there'd be a row of bikes, they made a point of saying that this was ex hiscock etc and i'm sure people would have been prompted by that as a point of difference as people always wanted the best.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Oh well I also didn't notice the damaged lock stop and when I replaced the broken choke dial in the side cover it was a totally different silver and it dawned on me the quality of repaint. But I was like 19 and dumb.

Talking of which as I sit in the cafe up from TSS a dude wearing a sweatshirt and a dealer plate over his shoulder has just gone round the corner for the 2nd time on some small bike doing laps. As I looked up his foot bounced off the ground back on the peg Think he was doing a Marquez at 35kph.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post

Talking of which as I sit in the cafe up from TSS a dude wearing a sweatshirt and a dealer plate over his shoulder has just gone round the corner for the 2nd time on some small bike doing laps. As I looked up his foot bounced off the ground back on the peg Think he was doing a Marquez at 35kph.
    Rubber sole was a good album - and a danger on boots. LOL.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Rubber sole was a good album - and a danger on boots. LOL.
    That reference will probably have me going through my vinyl stack and giving that a whirl later this morning when the neighbours are at work.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That reference will probably have me going through my vinyl stack and giving that a whirl later this morning when the neighbours are at work.
    Rubber Soul is a good Beatles album, start of Indian influence, quite different to the next one Revolver ( my fav)
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    the beatles are overrated. All you pricks are old. Music started with the Sex Pistols.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    the beatles are overrated. All you pricks are old. Music started with the Sex Pistols.
    I grew up in the punk era, most (all) of its just stripped down 60's music with a bit of Oi and spitting thrown in.

Never Mind the Bollocks is just easy listening these days....should be on The Sound instead of endless Fleetwood Mac, Phil fucking Collins and

other MOR shit.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I grew up in the punk era, most (all) of its just stripped down 60's music with a bit of Oi and spitting thrown in.

With less cords, as most learned to play properly later on, Other then the Clash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    With less cords, as most learned to play properly later on, Other then the Clash.
    Did they wear cords? I thought that was more late 60's

Bike
    husaberg
    Time to cut the cords

This one only has 3 cords most punk is 4 i think.
    I think the cord progression is more starting from 50's than 60's

This one only has three cord to i googled it

I am no muso though i just know what i like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Wait, whut? I guess it depends on what you mean by "play properly" - better than me, certainly, but adequate to get their message across? absolutely. And Joe Strummer's later work with the Mescaleros and solo is workmanlike git-box playing. Given how political they were then it was mostly about the message. Mick Jones was the actual "musician" in that band and wrote a lot of the music and pianner (as its referred to on the cover of London Calling) parts. Topper Headon is a way better than average drummer and smack habit notwithstanding was really the glue that held it all together. Paul Simonon was (and is) mainly an artist and was recruited for bass because he loved dancing and he looked divine- he loved bands when they played it hard, he wanted more and he wanted it fast. They did put him down and said he was wrong - a tacky thing, he put them on. He learned in rehearsals with the Clash but he got pretty good in the end.

So a lot of the stuff about the UK punk bands being shit on their instruments was to fit an image. Some of those cats actually could play really well. Remember Joe Strummer was a professional musician with a record out (the 101er's) when punk hit.... Steve Jones had played guitar for a few years before joining the Pistols, the guys from the Stranglers were in some covers band before their band took off, etc etc.

What continually surprises me is all the stuff that happened over a five year period. 1972 in the UK was Ziggy Stardust fever then 1977 punk was dead and we're looking for the next thing. I don't think there's been such a seachange in popular music since. The closest I can think of is the early to mid 90s with the socalled grunge thing, the rise of EDM and the morphing of rap and hiphop into the terrible juggernauts they have become. It was poor people protest music - its where punk rock went next - its fascinating.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    "chords" - just sayin'
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    What continually surprises me is all the stuff that happened over a five year period. 1972 in the UK was Ziggy Stardust fever then 1977 punk was dead and we're looking for the next thing. I don't think there's been such a seachange in popular music since.
    Pink Floyd would like a word.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Popular music changes more often than my knickers do.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Pink Floyd would like a word.
    Compared to Punk and New Wave.....yawn along with Yes and all that Prog rock wank.

Thread Information