Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ACC should be looking at people-movers

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I ain't up on cages.

I see two sorts around. Some are called things like Mazda Bongo. They are obviously forward control vans with some seats in the back

others are called things like Estimas and look like station wagons with a serious obesity problem.

Which sort are we talking about?
    Even better, the ever popular Enima
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    '76 BMW R90S
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    snigger!!!

Max, you're applying exactly the same logic in your argument that ACC are using against motorbikes... i.e. that because you ride/drive vehicle X you are X% more likely to come a cropper... doesn't mean it's going to happen and you still have exactly the same 50/50 chance of an accident today that you did yesterday irrespective of the vehicle that you're driving/riding... throw in any other factor you choose, rain, ice, anything and you've still got a 50/50 chance of having an accident... that's just my take though!!!
    You've figured it out. The entire basis for ACC's planned levy changes are illogical, and will no doubt be badly executed. My suggestion carries about as much merit as ACC's motorcycle levy increase, with the sole difference that it'll never happen.

For some inexplicable reason the public perception of motorcycles is that accidents and injuries are inevitable, yet the same public view car accidents as merely tragic events that only happen to other people. On average, five people die every week in car accidents in NZ, yet I've never encountered anyone who has sold their car or refused to travel in one because they are too dangerous.

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    You've figured it out. The entire basis for ACC's planned levy changes are illogical, and will no doubt be badly executed. My suggestion carries about as much merit as ACC's motorcycle levy increase, with the sole difference that it'll never happen.

For some inexplicable reason the public perception of motorcycles is that accidents and injuries are inevitable, yet the same public view car accidents as merely tragic events that only happen to other people. On average, five people die every week in car accidents in NZ, yet I've never encountered anyone who has sold their car or refused to travel in one because they are too dangerous.
    Do i get a prize... 10 years free ACC would be noice!!!
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    Even better, the ever popular Enima
    they're just a pain in the arse aren't they
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Various
    So how do you spell "vindicated" people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Thread Information