Thread: LoweWalker Helicopter fundraiser

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy

LoweWalker Helicopter fundraiser

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73011
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73248
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=72686
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=72979
    In line with other areas of the country, it is proposed that we have a fundraising ride on 28 June, The ride is also intended to give the cheesecutter campaign a little nudge. I am happy to do a lot of the co-ordinating, design and print flyers, talk to other bike groups in the area etc, BUT I am not going to do it all on my own. This needs the help of as many of you as possible to ensure a smooth, successful day. The LW Trust is a worthy cause, but having spoken to their fundraising person, it is apparent that they run on a shoestring budget and can only provide suggestions for how we go about this. Since the pride of HB KBers as at stake, put your hand up to help.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Awesome stuff John, localized fundraising for such an important charitable trust is great to see especially when they have limited funds. The CC part of it is starting to take effect, we are having a meeting tomorrow with someone who has all the knowledge from the last Auckland protest ride. We also have the Press release rough draft....needs adding to and tweaking but It reads goods.

Bike
    Tractor
    The big bike and car display last month at Greenmeadows was a LW resuce helicopter fundraiser primarily organised by a few guys from our Triumph HB group.

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooly View Post
    The big bike and car display last month at Greenmeadows was a LW resuce helicopter fundraiser primarily organised by a few guys from our Triumph HB group.
    Aah, I knew that!
    Were you involved in the organisation of it Dooly? If so,can we pick your brains?
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooly View Post
    Exactly! I'm not doing this alone.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Tractor
    I had nothing to do with it.
    Only except to go on the ride, display, and contribute a donation.
    The Triumph group is not what you'd call a club, so theres no meetings and contact lists etc, so I knew nothing about it until the day of a ride when we went to the park.
    I think a couple of guys from our group did most of the stuff.
    The main guy you could contact is Doug Castles who I think is a land agent with Wrightsons?, he seemed to be calling the shots on the day and was on the PA.
    I dont really know him, just seen him once on a ride.

I'm unavailable to do anything, with me sorting a few medical things out in the next few weeks, busy here on my land and at work, living out country, plus being in Australia for 3 weeks in June, I have pretty much got no time for anything else.

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Thanks for that Dooly.
    We are really busy here too, with lots of stuff to get organised for Zac before he heads off and I am involved with the school production too. Then there is work, grandkids etc, so I know where you are coming from.
    We are prepared to help, but want someone else to step up to the plate for this one.
    it is an excellent cause and they really struggle to get enough funds.
    Never know when it will be one of us needing their services eh?

Bike
    I've put this together and spoken to Five Star Suzuki. They are on board with the whole idea.
    So where's the help I've asked for??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini-lw flyer.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	95478  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Looking good John...oh and the flyer is sweet also.

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    So where's the help I've asked for??
    You and me again???
    Its lucky I like you, eh?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by yungatart View Post
    You and me again???
    Its lucky I like you, eh?
    Just found this. Mind you I am seldom on here now days. Very happy to help with this. With some experience of the WRB rides I would be happy to work with the ride from Five Start to Five star. What can we do to promote this? I could get some copies of the fly made. How are we going to determine who and where we put them and when?

We, like most rural residents, donate to this every year. We are happy to help with the organizing of the ride but have to advise that we are unable commit funds for this.

Great to see Five Star working in the community. That’s enough to make me support this fundraiser.

Are we doing this ride in the right direction? Should we start in Waipukurau and end in Napier?

Can we get the paper to publish info on this for Free? How about Radio? Anyone have any contact in these areas? So where do we start? Lets go………….. Should I get the flyers copied and take one to each of our local bike shops? Post one to the Hawkes Bay today. Has anyone got any of the local Radio station contact details?

Can we ask Honda to put this in their window when it has Five Star all over it???????? As I said above. lets go.....

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Thanks Steve...faith in human nature restored!
    We are open to all/any suggestions...
    We have some copies of the flyer, just wondering where to put them up.
    We are contacting the local free papers (HB Today is useless..they really don't want to know.)
    In other areas, bike shops are helping by donating spot prizes etc and getting recognition for same. Quite happy to put the Honda dealer on there if they are willing to give us something ...and will then include them in the route??
    Perhaps we could have a meeting over coffee and run through the ideas??

Bike
    CB,NSR
    i can help... seeing as i am currently of the great unwashed

i can do flyer drops & printing

& well basically anything needed just let me know, mstrs i assume you still have my cell #?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer 4 ever View Post
    We are happy to help with the organizing of the ride but have to advise that we are unable commit funds for this.

Great to see Five Star working in the community. That’s enough to make me support this fundraiser.

Are we doing this ride in the right direction? Should we start in Waipukurau and end in Napier?

Can we get the paper to publish info on this for Free? How about Radio? Anyone have any contact in these areas? So where do we start? Lets go………….. Should I get the flyers copied and take one to each of our local bike shops? Post one to the Hawkes Bay today. Has anyone got any of the local Radio station contact details?

Can we ask Honda to put this in their window when it has Five Star all over it???????? As I said above. lets go.....
    No money asked, except for the $10 entry. I have added that pillions must pay too. Time was creeping by and no-one had offered help, so I made an executive decision...5 Star is the only shop that will be mentioned on the flyer, but if another shop will have it on their notice board - great. 5 Star will put on the sausages free to entrants at their Waipuk branch because there is a ton of room there unlike in Napier. I will be on the phone today to the Courier and the Napier Mail for a publicity spot, forget HBToday. Radio is a good idea, but as a Rock listener I don't know the local station(s) so can't help there. More ideas?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Maffoo View Post
    i can help... seeing as i am currently of the great unwashed

i can do flyer drops & printing

& well basically anything needed just let me know, mstrs i assume you still have my cell #?
    Yea mate I do. Thanks for offer - printing is not an issue but places to put them....

Thread Information