Page 273 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1732232632712722732742752833233737731273 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 39424

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A3 V Tech Inlet 2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	234.0 KB 
ID:	239304

Ok.... got the V Tec variable inlet onto the dyno.

Name:	AA1 V Tech Inlet 3 002.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	161.9 KB 
ID:	239305

The V Tec (Blue line) did not improve the low end torqe like I had hoped but it also did not knock back the top end either, and I will be able to tickle out the last bit by fiddling with the ignition.

Name:	AA1 V Tech Inlet 3 007.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	186.8 KB 
ID:	239306

FXR Green line, so I did not get any more torque and only a little more spread at 6,000 rpm. So the FXR's are safe for now.

The big thing is that the V Tec cleaned up the throttle and got rid of the spit back in the 3-7000 range and makes the bike a whole lot more ridable, that in itself makes it worth while and a keeper if I can figure out how to open and close it on the fly.

Now to fit the V Tec divider securly and try water injection to hopefully get some FXR beating low end.

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post

The big thing is that the V Tec cleaned up the throttle and got rid of the spit back in the 3-7000 range and makes the bike a whole lot more ridable, that in itself makes it worth while and a keeper if I can figure out how to open and close it on the fly.

Now to fit the V Tec divider securly and try water injection to hopefully get some FXR beating low end.
    Use the power output from the ignitec to drive a RC servo (RC plane servo; should have enough torque for what you want) you might require a voltage divider as most are 5v.

Looking forward to the water injection.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Use the power output from the ignitec to drive a RC servo (RC plane servo; should have enough torque for what you want) you might require a voltage divider as most are 5v.
    Good idea Bert, much better than the electric door lock I was thinking of. The 5V should be easy, I can run the 12V output from the Ignitech through a TO220 5V regulator chip, easy.

I don't know much about RC servos, how are they controled? power on to turn, then off to stop? reverse polarity to change direction? Or is there different terminals for forward and reverse?

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Looking forward to the water injection.
    As soon as the inlet divider is secured properly we will try water injection, Thomas has some ideas for a Ram Tube and then there is the Slippery Pipe.

Bike
    TZFXR150, R1150GS, DRZ400, Ninja300 prod
    With all this extra "stuff" going onto the inlet, when are you going to run out of ground clearance? Also there is alot of engineering and cost if you drop it on the r/h side. Is it worth it if you smash all that off on a cold track in practice at the start of the day and miss the rest of the meeting? Or do you have a ESE fix......hinged inlet manifold?
    I understand this is part of the 30hp development but was on my mind for when it leaves the dyno and "hits" the track.

Its harder to lose weight than gain horsepower.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    . . .
    FXR Green line, so I did not get any more torque and only a little more spread at 6,000 rpm. So the FXR's are safe for now.
    . . .
    So how far is it between each gear change? Do you really need a spread wider than it is? I mean it should just totally murder an FXR. It has more power than the coal burner for 4 &1/2 thousand rpm.

Why are you chasing this 2 gear changes each lap idea? Are you really loosing that much time throwing in a couple of extra changes? I can't see it. Gearing markedly changes the mechanical advantage at the rear wheel. Why go out of the way to negate it? I mean you're not driving a Chevy Nova.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha#81 View Post
    With all this extra "stuff" going onto the inlet, when are you going to run out of ground clearance? I understand this is part of the 30hp development but was on my mind for when it leaves the dyno and "hits" the track.
    Yes it is getting a bit wide, but I figured I would try out all the ideas, keep the best, and then tuck what works out of the way somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Do you really need a spread wider than it is? I mean it should just totally murder an FXR. It has more power than the coal burner for 4 &1/2 thousand rpm.
    Yes, at Taupo it should murder FXR's easy.

Why are you chasing this 2 gear changes each lap idea? Are you really loosing that much time throwing in a couple of extra changes? I can't see it.
    From the infield to the sweeper is a place I have often had to change and lose out to an FXR. In my mind the FXR's at Mt Welly have the advantage of a wide power spread making them very easy to ride, I am looking to emulate that with my stroker.

The veriable inlet has helped clean up the carburation and the stroker will take full throttle cleanly from 3,000 rpm now, but there is not much power untill 8k. I want to lift the torque curve in the 5-7 region and have a 6k power spread like the FXR's.

Now, which would you rather ride, something that has good power for 6,000 rpm or something you have to row around with the gear lever.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Anecdotaly some may suggest the latter rather than the former. And throw in some copious clutch lever work into the mix. I mean you don't want to get bored out there.

Heck after leaving the pits I wouldn't notice if a bike made power 3000rpm under peak. I'd be more concerned with over rev for ease of racing.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Anecdotaly some may suggest the latter rather than the former. And throw in some copious clutch lever work into the mix. I mean you don't want to get bored out there.
    Yes thats right TeeZee, the medium to average rider will lap much faster and have more fun on a bike that they have to play a tune on, with the clutch and gear lever than they ever will with a bike that has a wide solid spread of power.

Anecdotaly to go fast you need a peaky engine...... ....... and talent.

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    just Talent.

Bike
    I just lost count
    Yes it is getting a bit wide...........
    Almost wide enough to give a kick on the way past

For the record Qkkid was in my bed, not the other way round

Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Pumba is a wise man.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk View Post
    just Talent.
    I'm well fucked then, I ran out of talent years ago
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Several
    In my mind the FXR's at Mt Welly have the advantage of a wide power spread making them very easy to ride, I am looking to emulate that with my stroker.
    You may also be underestimating how their lack of outright power may also contribute.
    A nice friendly power spread without too much kick and a relatively good handling frame and suspenders seems to be the best place to start with a bucket. (on a Kart track)

The bike Hels had that was the opposite (Daves old H100) was the scariest bike I've ever ridden.

Rangi is quite a fast bike but without the good handling part he is quite, um, "exciting".

Having said the sensible bit: Fuck it, MOAR POWER!!!
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    You may also be underestimating how their lack of outright power may also contribute.
    I think TeeZee would agree with you, he has talked about that aspect of the FXR's.

After riding TeeZees bike last Sunday, Kel thought it arrived at the next corner much faster than he expected and that caused him to slow down too much. Whereas his FXR sort of arrived at the right speed.

Bike
    Rg50 Fxr's150
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketracer View Post
    I think TeeZee would agree with you, he has talked about that aspect of the FXR's.

After riding TeeZees bike last Sunday, Kel thought it arrived at the next corner much faster than he expected and that caused him to slow down too much. Whereas his FXR sort of arrived at the right speed.
    Kel rides a concrete pump he's not used to the power. In time he would tame it and be awesome on it.

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Good idea Bert, much better than the electric door lock I was thinking of. The 5V should be easy, I can run the 12V output from the Ignitech through a TO220 5V regulator chip, easy.

I don't know much about RC servos, how are they controlled? power on to turn, then off to stop? reverse polarity to change direction? Or is there different terminals for forward and reverse?
    A bit on how RC Servos work........ http://www.horrorseek.com/home/halloween/wolfstone/Motors/svoint_RCServos.html#RCServo

The interesting part is the control signal. An RC servo motor doesn't just run when you give it power. It's an intelligent device, and you must tell it what you want it to do. The servo is controlled by a series of pulses, wherein the length of the pulse indicates the position to take. You need something that drives the servo with that control signal.

And more here........ http://www.repairfaq.org/filipg/RC/F_Servos.html

Thread Information