Page 2212 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 1212171221122162220222102211221222132214222222622312 ... LastLast
Results 33,166 to 33,180 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    these albums
    No , page suggests to mind my business.

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350

My ECU progress

Almost ready ECU. Missed on-board MAP sensor (delivery delay)

Bike
    2001, Aprilia, RS250
    these albums
    If I click the links in your post, I can see the albums. But if I click the same links in Frits' quoted reply, then they don't work.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    youtube andreas länström

Bike
    none
    these should work.
    They do!

Right there is 100 odd albums in there
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/album.php?u=28036
    As Frits suggested i will be putting them likely into a cloud based file

But keep them on your own hard disk as well. Remember:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cloud-2.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	343719

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    They do!

But keep them on your own hard disk as well. Remember:

Name:	Cloud-2.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	343719
    I had them and heaps more on an external drive that failed.
    So i can see what you are saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Yamaha's
    Hi,
    It has probably been discused here before,but I can't help my self from asking,so here it is.
    What's the effect of a steeper angle in header?
    Lets assume that we have an engine,and 2 almost identical exhaust pipes,2 headers at 32% as wobbly said,but one header has 3* angle and the second one has 3.5 or 4*,who is it going to affect power and power curve?
    Question number 2:
    Lets again assume we have 2 exhaust pipes,same header,same TL,same belly dia,but different diffuser angles,lets say in first pipe all 3 angles are close,but in the second one they are more "spread",with the first been the more shallow and the final diff been the steepest,how each one is going to perform?Who will the 2 differend diffusers spread the power?
    Here's an example,because I don't know if I made my point clear(english language is not my strongest point )

Name:	Diffcomparison.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	343768
    PS:I know that probably it's been discused before,somewhere in these 2200+ pages,but I dont seem to find it,no matter what.So if someone has the link that I miss,share it ,if not I would really like to hear some opinions,especially from wob or frits!

Bike
    TZ400
    Engines respond differently to diffuser and header angles , but a few points for you to note.
    If you have a 75% nozzle on the cylinder exit ( you haven't ) try dividing the header in 1/2 and running 3.2/5.2*.
    Having a longer and steeper last diffuser leading up to the belly adds power on the front side approaching peak. A steeper 1st diffuser adds power after peak.
    These designs are based on the old Honda published A kit info , they need a fatter belly diameter ( 125 at least ) and a steeper rear cone to go with that.
    The good thing is you can try all this easily in EngMod and rely on the results as long as the rest of the project inputs are real.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Lef16 View Post
    I know that probably it's been discused before,somewhere in these 2200+ pages,but I dont seem to find it,no matter what.So if someone has the link that I miss,share it ,if not I would really like to hear some opinions,especially from wob or frits!
    Hi Lef16 I used this search:-

header cone angles site:https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...s-engine-tuner

just copy and paste that line into Google to find a lot of references to pipe and header cone angles.

Name:	Screenshot (171).png 
Views:	214 
Size:	217.6 KB 
ID:	343769

The Google "site:" term before the KiwiBiker ESE threads web address is the way to find what you are looking for.

Wobbly and Frits have posted so much info about pipe design on the ESE thread that it is now a total gold mine of expert info on pipes.

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Quote Originally Posted by Lef16 View Post
    Hi,
    It has probably been discused here before,but I can't help my self from asking,so here it is.
    What's the effect of a steeper angle in header?
    Lets assume that we have an engine,and 2 almost identical exhaust pipes,2 headers at 32% as wobbly said,but one header has 3* angle and the second one has 3.5 or 4*,who is it going to affect power and power curve?
    Question number 2:
    Lets again assume we have 2 exhaust pipes,same header,same TL,same belly dia,but different diffuser angles,lets say in first pipe all 3 angles are close,but in the second one they are more "spread",with the first been the more shallow and the final diff been the steepest,how each one is going to perform?Who will the 2 differend diffusers spread the power?
    Here's an example,because I don't know if I made my point clear(english language is not my strongest point )

Name:	Diffcomparison.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	343768
    PS:I know that probably it's been discused before,somewhere in these 2200+ pages,but I dont seem to find it,no matter what.So if someone has the link that I miss,share it ,if not I would really like to hear some opinions,especially from wob or frits!
    Diffuser "horn coefficient" is the word you're looking for.

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    I read a few places about the negative effects of fitting large diffusers to old style transfer design, it resulting in 'over scavenging' assuming charge is drawn to far or contamineted to be pushed back. And the villain should be poor tr duct design and not enough backward angling -but suction wave should not create any directed flow from the ducts, perhaps more eddying at most? The reason is rather the crank volume being to small to feed the greater wave?

Bike
    1975 Hodaka Wombat
    With the few pipes I've built, I found that a relatively low horn coefficient (1.2) gave the best peak power. A little higher horn coefficient (1.4) worked better on a stock, piston ported engine with a relatively restricted intake port and transfers. Modifications to the intake and transfer width and timing eliminated this advantage.

Lohring Miller

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    I agree with that, makes me think advancing the diffuser might be a possibility.

Bike
    TZ400
    You can move the diffuser forward to increase the negative pressure ratio sooner around BDC.
    This helps overev power - offset by the increase in front side by the steep last diffuser angle.
    Here is the new homologation R1 pipe for TM done in EngMod.

Edited - wrong final pipe design
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R1 Pipe.JPG 
Views:	338 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	343808  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Thread Information