Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Wednesday Evening Cruises 2008-09

Bike
    CBR, RGV Racer, Bucket

Wednesday Evening Cruises 2008-09

Every Wednesday - Meet at Burger King carpark on Moorhouse Ave at 6.00pm for a 6.30pm departure.

Right, time to kick of the new season, being spring and all. The first official ride will be Weds 1st of Oct. This is the first Weds after daylight savings kicks in. See you all there!!

These rides are designed to be a social ride and an opportunity for newer riders to gain experience from the not so new riders. The destination will generally be a pub for a drink and a chat.

I must stress that this is not a race from point A to point B. If you want to "see how fast you can go" then please don't come along.

Ideally we will decide on a route on the thread beforehand and we will have a briefing at the carpark before we leave when we will explain the route and re-group points.

1. The Duvauchelles Crew
    First of all, naturally the ride has developed into two distinctive groups. One group heads to Duvauchelles every week. We’ve got no problem with that but this group is not considered to be a part of the cruisy ride. They do not need to be organized. Therefore,we ask that they depart from the Burger King carpark by 6.20. This will leave a much more manageable group, being the “cruisy” ride and will help reduce confusion at the carpark.

IF YOU STAY AT THE CARPARK PAST 6.20 THEN BE PREPARED TO MEET THE FOLLOWING STIPULATIONS. IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT, THEN LEAVE.

2. Rider Responsibility
    It is the responsibility of each and every rider to ride safely and within their abilities. If any rider acts in a dangerous manner then they will be asked to leave. Remember, you not only put yourself at danger but also the other riders and the general public. If you do not understand this then do not come.

3. Rider Assistance
    At the carpark we’ll ask that riders who would like some one on one help will be asked to put their hands up and we’ll ask some of the more experienced riders to provide that help. Please don’t be shy. This is an excellent opportunity.

4. Leader
    The cruisy group will have a lead rider appointed each week. Obviously it will be someone with reasonable skill so as to not piss everyone off. The leader will stop at the pre-determined regroup points and wait for the entire group to arrive before departing.

5. Tail End Charlie
    A TEC will also be determined as a safety measure.

For a link to descriptions of some of the regular routes we take go here and here.

Please keep this thread on topic
    Last years thread is here

Disclaimer: Neither myself, nor any other participant is responsible for another rider's actions. Each rider is responsible for their own riding.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixgtr View Post
    I must stress that this is not a race from point A to point B.
    Is this a Tui ad?... YEAH RIGHT

For some of us it is

Bike
    CBR, RGV Racer, Bucket

Bike
    1996 Triumph Sprint Triple
    Blog Entries
    Core blimey! That time again. Now where did I put my bike???? must be around here somewhere............Man I hate cobwebs!!!

Bike
    09 Bonneville, 79 SR500
    The first official ride will be Weds 1st of Oct. This is the first Weds after daylight savings kicks in.
    Daylight starts on the 1st weekend in October - Sunday 05/10/08. Therefore the 1st Weds after daylight saying is 08/10/08.
    The views expressed above may not match yours - But that's the reason my Dad went to war - wasn't it?
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, .... but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,... shouting "man, what a ride"!!!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by far queue View Post
    Daylight starts on the 1st weekend in October - Sunday 05/10/08. Therefore the 1st Weds after daylight saying is 08/10/08.

Not this year, it is moved forward to last weekend in Sep, goes for longer at the end too...

Bike
    2013 Multistrada
    Looking forward to this,
    Its not the destination that is important its the journey.

Bike
    CBR, RGV Racer, Bucket
    Yep, I think there's a few of us who have been getting a bit restless waiting. How's the stickers?

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    Not this year, it is moved forward to last weekend in Sep, goes for longer at the end too...
    which means more riding!

cant wait aye, should be good.
    Can I scream?

Bike
    2013 Multistrada
    Will pop in and visit them today, I really need it back soon so we can get some time on it before the trip in November, I don't want to be travelling 400+ kms as the other half's first experience on the back of a bike.

Bike
    09 Bonneville, 79 SR500
    Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    You're right, my diary is wrong as you we're ...
    The views expressed above may not match yours - But that's the reason my Dad went to war - wasn't it?
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, .... but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,... shouting "man, what a ride"!!!

Bike
    '87 GSX750SF Katana, 08 Cagiva Raptor
    Farken aye!!!!

Been looking forward for this one for quite a while.

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    1st of October is a long way away
    It is preferential to refrain from the utilisation of grandiose verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualisation can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities. (...such as the word fuck.)

Remember your humanity, and forget the rest. - Joseph Rotblat

Bike
    2013 Multistrada
    less than a month away and at the time of writing this it 26 days 1 hour and 26 minutes.

Bike
    1993 ZXR750
    I must stress that this is not a race from point A to point B. If you want to "see how fast you can go" then please don't come along.
    oh well guess I'll turn up anyway

Thread Information